[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - A moment, please

A moment, please

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Copain » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:55 am

If this is in the wrong place, please move it. I do not mind at all, I just request a read ^^;.

Hello, I'm an active player of the Furry Pound TF2 Servers. I've played on them since I've joined TF2 (Only a few hours spent on other servers lol) and I've come to enjoy the community quite a lot over the time I've been playing it.

However, as of late, the servers have been getting bigger and bigger (Most likely do to more people playing, and the collapse of that CC2Iscool or whatever server). This is AWESOME at first; it means more games that are filled up, and thus bigger battles, awesome right? But there's also problems that come with it =/.

Lately, A LOT of the games I join have spawn camps or people forcing auto balance. These have been around forever, obviously, but lately it's almost EVERY GAME I PLAY. Not only do people seem to do it more often, but the general mind set of people seems to be shifting to say that these things are ok things to do, causing it to happen more and more and more! Which makes many games I play just unplayable. Not only that but there's been an increasing level of rudeness going on too. Many of the people actually playing on the servers these days seem to insult a lot of people playing on them!

I do enjoy the staff members I see, and when they are called in, they can help a LOT. But they cannot always be there, there are simply not enough, and not enough people know how to reach them (including myself).

I know it's quite a bit to ask, but is it at all possible for us to get more mods around the servers? I don't want more admins or not a bunch of mods who go around turning on Low grav or anything, but I want people there to stop the people who are ruining the server for a lot of people. There are quite a lot of regulars on the Furry pound, who almost never go anywhere else, who I think would be good ideas, but that is not up to me, so I will not name any names to show favoritism or anything.

If you wish to talk to me on Steam, I am named the same as this forum ID, Copain. You can find me via the Furry Pound Group members.. thing.. as I am a member of them as well. But just entering my name might not do much, I have one of those fancy marks by my name that people have been using lately =o!~

Thank you for reading ^^~
Copain

Postby Dr. Furry » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:12 am

yea, cc2iscool went down and the pound started illing up. i think vanilla is going down as well. my humble suggestion would be, with more players, more admins are needed that can be active, thats what we did in my old css community on a jailbreak server i used to mod. i havn't seen to many problems aside from stacking, thats fixable. and define rudeness? is it gaming banter, like omfg fail spy rude, or fuc- furf- you co- su- piece of shi- rude?
Dr. Furry

Postby Sekh765 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:21 pm

Hey Copain, how's it goin? Havn't played with ya in awhile :P

I'm not an "admin" per se, but I feel I can at least try and hit some of your points for you.

We've been trying very hard to crack down on the spawn camping and the asshattery lately, our players have been helping alot with the demo's they send us, so we can usually get out there and warn/kick these offenders as soon as we see the demos. I personally try and get people to be chill as well, and lower the level of rudeness, but thats a give and take process, and our players need to remember that being an ass to someone is likely to result in them returning fire, so everyone would benefit by just a little extra "fonzie" in them :P.

On the topic of more moderators, its a long process to find ones that the community knows, as well as ones we can trust with server powers. Mod's now have the power to tempban people, so we don't want to just handing that around to any person, so we have to think long and hard before adding people. We are planning to extend our moderators at some point in the future, we just have to make sure its someone we can trust, AND it's someone that a majority of the community knows.

Lastly, There's a really easy way to get an admin/mod if you need one! Just pop into Steam chat and ask for one, if we arn't paying attention to it (A rare occurance!), one of the people in there can usually PM us directly and we will wake up.

Here's hoping this helps. Hopefully we can get a game in sometime :P
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Copain » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:35 am

Copain

Postby NikkyVix » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:06 am

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Sekh765 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:11 am

Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Dr. Furry » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:33 am

allow me to make a suggestion, i think i already stated this elsewhere, but, a section in the main categories for sumiting demos could and would go a long way for when admins arn't available/can't keep an eye on EVERYONE on the server. what some people don't realize is that admins arn't super beigns, theyre people like you and me, just a bit fuzzier and stumpier, and can't see everything. demos help them have multiple eyes and see everything on the field, like little flying security cameras
Dr. Furry

Postby SilverWolf » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:32 pm

I always did think it would be nice to have some sort of webpage written in PHP where members could submit Demos, along with who was it and a reason, a database per se.
SilverWolf

Return to Team Fortress 2