[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Regarding server #4

Regarding server #4

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Lost » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:51 pm

When you steal from one it's plagiarism.
When you steal from many it's research.
Lost

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:30 pm

Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby STrRedWolf » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:38 pm

Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

Postby Draco18s » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:52 pm

Draco18s

Postby Lost » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:15 pm

When you steal from one it's plagiarism.
When you steal from many it's research.
Lost

Postby Omega_K2 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:44 pm

On Topic:

Server #4 and Server #5 have been lagging pretty bad and gave a very bad IN rater after the tf2 update some days ago. Haven't play since the new update, but I observed several times that the IN rate drops to around 20 for a while causing really really bad game play.

On the rate thing:

Setting your rate is complety different from rate hacking.
If you hack the rate you can either use sloppy server side settings to artifically create lag to avoid being hit (or some other things), or you hack the game and circumvent the server side enforced rate settings.

If you adjust your rate you'll just get better/more accurate gameplay.

Further reading (take quite a bit of time to read):
About some rate stuff (it misses cl_interp etc though) http://www.jason35.com/netcode.htm
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki ... Networking
ﻖﮜ | [#OMEGA] - K2 is my ingame nick :P

GS
Omega_K2

Postby Sekh765 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:12 pm

I dunno if its where I live, or your connection omega, but I havn't had problems with either 5 or 4 in months, except random Steam caused lag, which our admins have nothing to do with.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Omega_K2 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:03 pm

It's certainly server #4 and #5 (again, I haven't played tf2 after today's update). Server #1 ,#2 and #3 aswell #6 and #7 worked absolutly fine. I can tell it's not my connection in this case (it's not a ping issue, not a fps/loading issue, or anything); lag should be understood as I wrote (IN rate drops, sometimes people "lagging" around).

I'll check the server after today's update as it might be gone with the update, but I can't tell atm.
ﻖﮜ | [#OMEGA] - K2 is my ingame nick :P

GS
Omega_K2

Postby Arcalane » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:44 pm

4 and 5 have been having intermittent periods of abnormally high CPU use. We're keeping an eye on them, don't worry.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:05 am

Wasn't on 4 but something was going on with my minigun on 7. I was defending the intel in Sawmill, had the Engie set me up with a dispenser and just blanketed the doorway with an unending stream of bullets. Literally unending- I was getting ammo as fast as I was firing it. Still, a Spy managed to get through the doorway and run over to me, and then backstab me. I not only had blazed away while he ran in the room, I tracked him across it until he reached me, and at that point assumed that any Spy would've died. I certainly had killed Scouts, Demomen, and Soldiers that way. Nope. He lived, and killed me.

And, it happened twice. Second time was a Scout.
Stormcaller3801

PreviousNext

Return to Team Fortress 2