[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Regarding server #4

Regarding server #4

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Buffalo Bill » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:41 pm

I've been playing there occasionally over the past few days, and I frequently encountered 2 things:

1. Stacked teams and nobody trying to do something about it.
2. Lag issues. Major lag issues. Timeouts, point blank crit Scattergun shots just simply not registering, teleporting, all that good stuff.

Any idea on what's causing the lag? Is it being worked on? As for the stacking, same things. Is it being worked on?

Another 2 notes is that #4 isn't showing up on my server list. Is it down or have I been IP-Banned? I've been playing Sniper quite often and every time I've been accused of aimbotting by someone. For the record, I'm not. I'm just used to a far higher skill level (my usual servers have amongst others 2 ex-CEVO-P players and a current CEVO-P player as regulars) than on these servers so I can reliably land snapshots on most of the guys playing here.
Buffalo Bill

Postby Jinx » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:44 pm

It's difficult to take care of stacked teams, hopefully some people will switch over to make the game more fair but if not you can always type 'stt' in chat to try and Scramble The Teams.

The server was just recently upgraded so it's possible that some settings are not tweaked as they should be, but we're still looking into why exactly the lag is happening as we try to get that fixed quickly.

As for people calling "Hax" just ignore them :P
Jinx

Postby STrRedWolf » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:27 pm

Just remember... spies aren't 100% invisible 100% of the time. :)
Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

Postby McFuzzButt » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:00 am

Server 5 was lagggin really badly today D: it was crazy.
McFuzzButt

Postby STrRedWolf » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:32 am

I just checked #4, zero people on there...

...and it said it enforced the integrity of a file, and refused to let me log in. Did #4 not get updated?
Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:47 pm

Oh, yes, the usual "this sniper is hacking because OMG HE CAN HEADSHOT ME HOLY SHIT. I wasn't totally STANDING STILL OR ANYTHING."

(Yet amusingly, when we get a genuine aim-botter, half the server defends them... o-o )

It's...not showing up for me, either.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Buffalo Bill » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:52 pm

Buffalo Bill

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:59 pm

Frau Chimäre~
Ayeaka

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:53 pm

I've had issues with Snipers getting remarkable amounts of headshots, such as managing to headshot me the same instant that I step out of a doorway or from behind cover- but I figure it's either an aimbot or someone just flat out knows we're coming out that doorway and is waiting for the slightest twitch to pull the trigger. I can't tell which so I leave it as is... and then come at them from a different direction and lob a few grenades up to say 'hi.' :D

At the same time I've been on both sides of hits that didn't, such as juuust managing to avoid a Pyro's flamethrower for the half second before he blew up (I'd about swear my character arched his back to dodge it), and getting six point-blank shots at a Demoman with a Scattergun, straight to the chest, and not hitting him. I've also managed to win a sniping duel with a Sniper, with that same Scattergun. From opposite battlements.

Honestly at this point I just take what I get when it comes to hit detection and damage.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Ayeaka » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:24 pm

Blood being client-side has got to be my biggest complaint with tf2.

That and the fucked up way of handling lag comp.

Lag comp means...
despite having dead-on aim, I'm never going to hit my target because they have a ping of 200+ compared to my ping of 50, and since on their screen, they dodged... I miss.
Every. Single. Time.

Yet they can snipe the next round, and hit me through wall after wall after wall.
Frau Chimäre~
Ayeaka

Next

Return to Team Fortress 2