[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Don't you just hate it when..

Don't you just hate it when..

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Tehrasha » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:30 pm

Everything I've learned in TF2, I've learned from watching Doom kick my ass!
Tehrasha

Postby Draco18s » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:16 am

Draco18s

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:02 am

With as many kills/assists going on at once in a given game, using more than one line for a quick message (or w/e they're called) I would say would be a bad thing. Five lines max is still a lot, and it would be impossible to see who's doing what when 7 people at once are helping each other/killing each other for one message. Add into that the fact that there are usually several kills being pulled at once, and you've just got a huge jumble of a mess that nobody can figure out.

I'd say forgot about tertiary assists and let Valve get around to registering REGULAR assists first. Y'know, where the guy is killed after burning for a good 3 seconds and you don't get an assist, or where you unload two scattergun shots into the soldier before dying to a crit rawket only to see the soldier blown up by your team's soldier, who proceeds to get full and solo credit for the kill.
Angry_Squirrel

Postby Zareth » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:00 am

Heres a new one. I decided to bump this.

laggy, (160+ ping) huntsman snipers.

Oh, my. god.

Today weh ad one, he was bout 230-250 ping, I figure somewhere in the UK, didn't bother asking. Anyway, he was so laggy that while you seen him, his arrows lagged that bad, by the time you seen them it was through your face or ankle/foot/chest/crotch and this happened every time. Was on BLU on Egypt, 3rd point. (I think? Its the one with the hidey hole and the max ammo crate by the point)
Zareth

Postby Ayeaka » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:48 pm

Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby MaskedJackal » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:12 pm

Image◕ ‿ ◕
MaskedJackal

Postby Draco18s » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:12 am

Draco18s

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:10 pm

You know what I hate?

- Get in firefight with enemy
- Get enemy down to 10HP or less; you take no damage
- Enemy kamikaze's and melee rushes you while you're reloading
- Enemy pulls melee crit out of butt and kills you with one shot
- Your deathcam is of enemy being gibbed by random explosive spam from another firefight altogther

:|
...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby Ayeaka » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:25 pm

Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:35 pm

What I hate is playing Spy with an Ambassador (or a Sniper), sneaking around to a good spot, lining up a headshot on someone who's completely unaware, pulling the trigger...

...And nothing happens.

I've had that happen several times now, and it's frustrating. It's not that the shot isn't fired, or that they dodge out of the way at the last minute, or you twitch the mouse as you hit the button. It's that the bullet to the back of the Medic's head doesn't so much as elicit a bloodspatter. And multiple hits do nothing.

This is followed up very closely by getting another Sniper in your sights as they sight on you, hitting the mouse button (and hearing that audible click that says yes, you did), starting the firing animation, and having it interrupted by your own death. No bullet fires, no injury is sustained by the other person. You're just dead. I'm sure my ping times are responsible for this (I've had it it happen most frequently when my ping is three or four (or thirty) times that of the other guy) but it's still frustrating as all hell. This is particularly true with the Huntsman, when you can see the arrow streaking away only to suddenly cease to exist in midair.

That, and the more general 'Why the hell aren't you injured' thing. I hate that. I don't know if that's a ping issue again, but I hate chasing someone as Pyro and having them not so much as even catch fire while within (to me) axe-chopping distance, or getting into a Heavy duel where I start firing first but end up dead and they're at 80%-100% health in the deathcam shot.
Stormcaller3801

PreviousNext

Return to Team Fortress 2