[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Don't you just hate it when..

Don't you just hate it when..

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Zareth » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:29 pm

(Note, this is not a 'what makes you mad in TF2' thread of sorts, I couldn't think of a better title =p

Don't you hate it when you see an enemy on fire, you go to finish them off, and they BURN TO DEATH THE SECOND YOU WERE ABOUT TO GET THE KILL. (The pyro would've had an assist at least ._.)

I see this happening more and more often these days. I know it isn't really a major complaint of sorts, but had I been even a second faster I could have gotten credit for it, not just an assit. (If he died from afterburn it probably meant he had maybe 3-5 HP left when I shot him first)
Zareth

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:49 pm

I don't think I've ever had that happen. But this may be due to the fact that I can't shoot to save my life. Or end anyone else's.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Ayeaka » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:01 pm

Happens to me a lot.

What's that, heavy mowing down my entire team?

Time uncloak, and..

Oh fuck.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby CrashFu » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:17 am

Doesn't really happen to me. If it does I just laugh and prod the burning corpse at my feet...

What I DO hate is when I single-handedly take off 90% of a guy's health and DON'T get the assist when he's finished off by a single long-range shotgun shot from some guy with a medic.
CrashFu

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:23 am

What I hate is when there's a spy running around failing his backstabs or sapping sentries with a bunch of us around - it's a free ubercharge for medic, but 4/5 times the spy will be killed by teammates before the Medic has a chance to build up uber off of the spy. Now after this major update this will be made even more aggravating with 9 times out of 10 the spy kill itself - which is now the only way to suck ubercharge off a disguised spy - will be executed by a teammate. Whacking the spy to help take it down is fine and all, but (as long as the Ubersaw is equipped) ultimately useless if the pyro runs in with flames for the finish and the credit for the kill.
Angry_Squirrel

Postby Pitchblack » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:15 am

Huh? I haven't noticed that I'm not getting ubercharge from hitting spies... and I never saw anything about it in the patch notes...
*They stand in my road
.....The mad, ancient nasty things
.......... tell them MOVE! or else!*
Pitchblack

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:46 pm

Had this happen last night, more or less- was just about to get a guy who was Dominating me. He killed me but had just a little health, no Medkits in the area, and he was on fire. I figured afterburn would clear the Domination and I could die happy.

Nope. He fell down a hole and died a painful, clumsy death. And I received no credit.

I think I'm also more frustrated with the game when I can unload an entire shotgun at someone from about half the width of the sniper battlements on 2Fort (as in, if you were to run from one side of a battlement to the other side of the same battlement) with them in the middle of the spread the whole time, and they kill me first using only one or two hits- and then if I get to see their health meter it's down just a hair.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Wulfie » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:10 pm

Wulfie

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:20 pm

On those I just tell myself it was lag, and they weren't really standing there when I shot them.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Ayeaka » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:50 pm

Yeah.. Lag gets...annoying there. Especially with blood being client-side.

I hit that a lot as spy. For some reason, when I'm spy, every 200+ pinged player on the enemy team decides to go either sniper or pyro.

So I constantly get lit on fire and headshot when halfway across the map.

;_;

MY FAVORITE
WAS WHEN I BACKSTABBED A SNIPER.
AND HE TURNED AROUND
AND KILLED ME
THEN DIED FROM THE BACKSTAB AFTER.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Next

Return to Team Fortress 2