Any official comments on Stacking?

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby iller » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:47 am

I'd like to think I've been very patient about this...
...atleast on this forum. I've put off starting a thread about it ever since I joined.
I could have easily made a post about it ever day I play on TFP because that's how often I see it causing rage-quits.

First question: If STT is supposed to be the official answer to this, then why has it been several months since there was any news on STT being made "useable"?

Second question: Is there anything at all that can be done when Admins themselves are seen "Stacking"?

Third question: Why does TFP partially condone stacking when it obviously has negative ramifications on the community?

How bad is it? I play on atleast a dozen other servers and none of them have rage-quits, drama, or even any comments about stacking. (Maybe it's because they all have Auto-Scramble scripting which actually discourages stacking Pre-Emptively) But TFP is so bad I often join one game only to realize it's stacked, make a comment that the teams haven't changed composition since last map, and someone new who just showed up will say "You shoulda seen the other Server I just came from" to which they're ALSO always referring to another TFP server.

I'm trying to be calm, rational, and collected on this. But I don't believe for a minute that claims of stacking are exaggerated. Yes we know the furry community BAAAWS about everything. But in this one case I'd like to see everyone set that pointless stereotype aside for a minute and look at this seriously (not "SRSLY") without blaming everything on "whining" or worse, blaming it on the other team for the CLASSES THEY'VE CHOSEN. That's the biggest one because I've seen plenty of teams totally steamroll other teams even though they themselves have 2-3 spies and 2-4 snipers/scouts. It happens... a lot.

And there's nothing random to it either... in most cases, the winning team has 2 to 3 times the points of the other team at the end of the round only to join eachother again on the next map so RTV'ing doesn't change anything either. People remember who's WHO and they teamswap to join those folks. ...which isn't the problem itself, except when they themselves are "very proficient point makers" and further imbalance the teams. Which is exactly the case a majority of the time. And the official rules regarding "forcing autobalance" seem inconsistent this so I'd also really like to know why there is official policy on autobalancing but nothing on stacking? Please?
iller

Postby Witchiebunny » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:30 am

This is a known issue and we will respond on it when we have a definite answer. As for STT....check the group announcements before you complain about it being several months since there having been ANYTHING on STT. And honestly, this topic and judgment call coming from someone who has admitted to forcing Autobalance just to get on the winning team is laughable.

The announcement made mere DAYS ago concerning STT:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/thefurrypound/announcements/detail/73333669406443320

For now, to avoid more drama..this topic is being locked. DO NOT CREATE ANOTHER ONE.
Witchiebunny

Return to Team Fortress 2