Spam Map Question

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:40 pm

The other night I finally had the chance to experience the Heavy Rush. This was followed by the less effective Scout Rush, Pyro Rush, and Spy Rush. I don't think we actually got anywhere with any of them, but it was brilliant fun right up until the teams scrambled and there was a couple people who were swearing at us for our 'stupidity.'

This got me thinking: what about maps made specifically for this sort of thing? Maps made specifically for rushing. A map made just for both sides to rush Heavies, and so on and so forth.

Do you guys think that could be fun? Or would it be something of a waste?
Stormcaller3801

Postby Sekh765 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:14 pm

Theres already a couple maps on #3 that are pretty much tailored to funny rush tactics. The billard ball map in particular is hilarious with heavy rushes.

Playing late at night will get you more of those kind of games if your looking for them. Dustbowl heavy only melee is somethin you can usually convince people of around 2 am or later :P.

As for making specific maps...I dunno, if they WERE made, they would be put on 3 for sure.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:47 pm

Given my general skill deficit in this game, what would people consider the most favorable terrain for each then?

I'm figuring on a 'everyone play a Medic' map that health drops should be all but missing (because really, if you have 12 Medics running around with Blutsaugers do they really need pills?), and a 'everyone play a Pyro' map you'd want something akin to a maze of twisty passages (all alike) with the occasional long hallway for airblasting flares back at people. Actually maybe just a giant ping pong table for that. Snipers would probably appreciate shadowy alcoves at various heights, set up on opposite ends of the map with little in the way of cover between them. I'm thinking Spies would... actually for Spies I've no idea. Everyone else is a Spy, so how do you handle that?
Stormcaller3801

Postby Ayeaka » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Spies need twisting passages followed by open space, to turn around and lose people; passages that branch off in multiple directions.

Spies also need lots of high ground to ambush from, and small bits of map detail to hide in, and behind. Crates to sit on, lightswitches to perch on... (not kidding. Badwater has lots of these; you can perform multi-jumps to sit at the top of them.)
Pipes are great for this too--such as in Badwater. Running crouch jump to land on a pipe.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Return to Team Fortress 2