Engie, Demoman, Soldier - Update Ideas

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Austin » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:23 pm

If you look at the engi you can see that they will be replacing the Shotgun, Pistol and Wrench. While I liked your Ideas for engi I feel there is no way they are actually changing his buildings. Got an ideas for the weapons?
Austin

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:20 pm

I honestly don't know whether or not they'll be altering the Engineer's gear, simply because the only other class that has more than three items is the Spy. The Spy ended up with two variations on cloaking and a new primary weapon, leaving the disguise set and the knife intact. Given that so much of the Engineer's existence is tied up in the buildings that he can construct, I can't really see them leaving the PDA as-is. It's not quite the same situation as with the Spy- you can't really do much to change the disguise kit, and it's hard to come up with a different advantage/disadvantage tradeoff for the knife that isn't either absurdly broken or relatively useless. You can easily trade out the shotgun, pistol, and wrench for other things, so long as the wrench replacement retained the ability to build, repair, and upgrade. But I just cannot visualize an Engie with the same PDA and think that somehow they'll play differently.
Stormcaller3801

Postby pablofiasco » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:21 pm

actually, i can think that there might be an engy-wrench replacment that dosent build/repair things,
if whatever it was needed to be balanced by saying ok, you can take this item, but now your limite dto level1 sentries/etc
maybe something designed to get engys to move forward more, as lvl1's are good to drop and run for "offensive" minded engys ive seen
pablofiasco

Postby Austin » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:28 pm

When they did the update that put in the load out thing I checked all the classes and noticed only the watch and gun was listed for the spy. I was pissed that the spy was only getting two updated ideas. Now if you look on the engi you notice they have the shotgun, pistol and wrench so it seems very reasonable to assume those are what will be changed.
Austin

Postby Pitchblack » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:02 pm

Here's some for the soldier:

Laser Guided Rocket
-Tired of those nimble enemies jumping out of the way of your rockets? Tired of those damn pyros pushing them back at you? Well NO MORE! Using the latest advances in laser technology from TF Industries, the laser guided-rocket only goes where YOU want it to!

Pros: Follow a laser pointer attached to the rocket around, enabling you to control the rocket mid-flight. While still reflectable, the reflection only works at short ranges because the rocket will turn back around to wherever the soldier is looking.

Cons: FOLLOWS the laser pointer. No more fire-and-forget rockets, you gotta look at where they're going. Less damage, too, because of the space taken up by the guidance package.

The Skeet Shooter
- New from TF Industries, the soldiers best friend, the Skeet-Shooter shotgun! It does massive amounts of damage to anyone who's feet have left the ground for even a few seconds. Perfect against scouts and anyone who you've launched into the air with your rocket launcher!

Pros: Instant crits to any jumping, falling, flying, etc. enemies.

Cons: No crits against grounded enemies, 2 shots only (like the FaN)

The Trench Knife
- An old favorite finally returns to the battlefield! The trench knife is the soldier's all around combat weapon that you know and love so well. Perfect for punching the crap outta enemies before sending them home to momma.

Pros: Recharging alt-fire causes stun for 2-5 seconds, depending on the class.

Cons: Well, it's a melee weapon. Even with stun, the soldier is best at range. (Actually, if someone would want to suggest cons for this, i would appreciate it.)
*They stand in my road
.....The mad, ancient nasty things
.......... tell them MOVE! or else!*
Pitchblack

Postby Sekh765 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:30 pm

Make reflection break your laser pointer (For balance purposes), and that would be a hilarious weapon. Fly by Wire is always fun.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Austin » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:55 pm

Engie:

Shotgun: 12Gauge double barrel Sawed Off Shotgun.

You've modified this shotgun to be extra stunning! Enemies hit with the 12 gauge sawed off will have their speed reduced by 90%. (ONLY WHILE BEING HIT, NO TIME AFTER).

Pros: Allows engie to keep that damn spy still. pauses bonk!ing scouts to reduce distance they can cover.
cons: only 2 shots. Very loud.

Pistol: Long Barreled Six Shooter.

You never understood why there were so many "westerns" but almost none "southerns" this gun aims to change that.

Pros: Increased Accuracy and damage over distance compared to current gun. (less fade)
Cons: Reduced overall damage. Only six rounds per clip.

Wrench: Texas Army Knife

This knife does it all. Its a wrench, a knife, a hack saw and a million other things. (Swiss army knife with the swiss logo scratched out and replaced with a texas longhorns logo)

Pros: Reduces metal required to upgrade Teleporter and Dispenser by 20%
Cons: no Crit
Austin

Postby Ayeaka » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:04 pm

I'd love to see engie get a SAA myself, but that may be iffy since Spy HAS a revolver--a Colt Python, at that.

Regardless, you're not allowed to be Texan if you don't have SOME appreciation for the Colt Single Action Army. :P

Main trade I see there is power for speed and clip size, though. :/

An upate I'd like to see is, rather than 'different' sentries, dispensers, etc, if they decide to do it, an option to adhere a sentry to either walls or ceiling, WITH the downside that if you do this, it can't be upgraded past oh, 1 or 2? (perhaps 2 for walls, 1 for ceiling turrets?) And it would be required that you can still reach them.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Arcalane » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:55 am

Ceiling Sentry is watching you fap!
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:02 pm

... Someone needs to GMod that.
Stormcaller3801

PreviousNext

Return to Team Fortress 2