[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Looking for video of..

Looking for video of..

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Sekh765 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:31 pm

Don't even bother scouting on most of Hoodoo's maps.

To be honest, Hoodoo (especially round 2), has some of the most tight enclosed spaces of the stock maps. Its heaven for spies, and hell for most other classes.

If you really want to practice scouting, play Gravel Pit. Lots of Gravel Pit. In the commentary for Tf2 they mention how they specifically tailored a good portion of gravelpit to cater to scout gameplay. It is an excellent map for learning escape/hit and run tactics, with all the high up buildings, and you can help your team with ninja caps.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:38 pm

Scout seems to play best on Defense and on 5CP maps. That's part of why BONK! annoys me; I was hoping it would make him useable on offense, and I don't think it really did.

Anyhow, one thing I've found with Scout is that you shouldn't expect to rack up kills with him, especially against Heavy and Soldier, or anyone being healed by a Medic. In those cases, hit-and-run. Try to get the jump on them (literally) and blast them with two or three point-blank shots, then book it out of there with zig-zagging and jumps. You may not kill the target, but they'll be injured enough to run off in search of a Medic or health pack or Dispenser, and that's time they're not spending helping their team or advancing on an objective.

Learning to use his speed and jumping ability is important too. One think I've found that freaks people out is when I can jump off a high spot over them, blast them from above with the FAN, and let the FAN's knockback carry me backwards to where I started. They go nuts trying to find what hit them.

I guess the thing is to keep a steady aim, hit-and-run, and be a moving target. And avoid Pyro's and Sentry Guns.
...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:53 pm

I think Bonk! helps Scouts on offense to the extent that it makes you more or less the stereotypical Scout: a fast-moving nuisance that the other team can't really afford to ignore. They can't shoot you, but they can't lose track of you without letting you have free run of the backfield with all the scoped-in Snipers, teleporter entrances, dispensers, Medics, and people who've run out of ammo or are low on health. At the same time, they can't really afford to focus on you because the rest of your team might be following after. In essence you achieve a good bit just by running past everyone.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Zareth » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:05 pm

So, today on Turbine I did extremely good for my sub-par skill. 33 kills and 21 deaths, 1 domination (Medic). I started jumping around much more and only had trouble with soldiers and huntsman snipers (hate them >_>), pyros were easy due to the large open space and heavies were a piece of cake :3
Zareth

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:48 pm

...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby Kumagoro » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:04 pm

Kumagoro

Postby Ayeaka » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:56 pm

TBH I've done rather well on Hoodoo as scout, even though I'm usally spy/heavy/engie/medic there. Defensive scout is almost as effective as spy there, and creative use of Bonk gets you effortlessly through RED's defenses until the very end, as scout, on offense.

It's not the BEST scout map ever--I agree with gravelpit, there--but it's hardly a lost cause.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Previous

Return to Team Fortress 2