[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Looking for video of..

Looking for video of..

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Zareth » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:10 am

Amateur scouts. Not looking for CEVO quality stuff, just a random pub game of a scout thats halfway decent. (preferably 5+ mins long.)

If you guys know of any please lemme know, i'm using demos and vids of pubs/scrims to help me get better at scouting :3
Zareth

Postby Kumagoro » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:20 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRSW0Y1SgoA

I guess

Fun fact: If it wasn't for that video I'd never be here with you now ;3
Kumagoro

Postby Zareth » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:45 pm

I really should state that the 'how to play scout' videos are of no help >_> I watched them constantly, and still fail ;_; that, and they only cover a select few maps x.x prefer ones with Well (CP) or Badwater
Zareth

Postby Kumagoro » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:11 pm

Kumagoro

Postby Zareth » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:36 pm

Oh aim is no problem (I main sniper). Trouble I have most with are soldiers/pyros. Soldiers are just fucking awful to 1v1 if he catches me, and pyros, well, its like the Flame Thrower has 2x range against scouts ._. if I kill them I die from the afterburn.

edit: As well though I somehow doubt 20-30 fps is any good for playing Scout >_> I seriously just barely cut the minimum for CPU, and yeah..
Zareth

Postby Ayeaka » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:51 pm

Soldiers will often rely on the 'pause' in your double-jump to catch you, much as snipers will.

Jumping helps to evade, but you may want to avoid double-jumping around more skilled soldiers, unless you're clearing enough distance to whip around them completely.

With pyros, KEEP THEM AT A DISTANCE. It's often easier to get in a few shots, then high tail it and finish them off with pistol.

Granted, no two people play classes the same way. :P Scout's just my fourth most played, so.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:40 pm

I see from this video, the number one thing that EvilDaedalus does is keep himself airborne and double-jump circle-strafing his enemies - being able to do THAT while aiming marks the potential for a great scout player. (Unfortunately, I have trouble getting my bullets to hit even when I'm not flying around up in the air, so... yeah. :S I don't kill nearly as many things as scout as I should be... XD)
Angry_Squirrel

Postby Zareth » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:52 pm

I appear to have found most of the problem.

Lag, and payload maps -_-; CP maps are great and I did extremely well yesterday on Badlands, but hoodoo/badwater is just suicide >.>
Zareth

Postby Ayeaka » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:55 pm

Yeah. Payload is murder on a scout; tight spaces.

HOWEVER.

Try payload as a defensive scout. If you're a good scout, it's absolutely amazing, until they get a forward base. <3
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Zareth » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:10 pm

tried it both, this one was hoodoo. absolutely destroyed. And badwater yesterdsay, could not flank due to all the soldiers and medics running round ._.
Zareth

Next

Return to Team Fortress 2