[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Upcoming TFP #3 changes, the Summary. UPDATE: Changes done.

Upcoming TFP #3 changes, the Summary. UPDATE: Changes done.

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Leif » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:45 pm

Leif

Postby DrJones » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:55 am

-Jonesy
Steam: DrJones
Live: Bloobunni
FA and LJ: jonesybunny
DrJones

Postby pablofiasco » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:52 pm

theres a couple things id love to see changed about cyberpunk, primarly:
move that $%^ing spawn zone in the dance floor,
sure it "seems" like a good idea, but before you know it some douche engie has built a level 3 sentry in there, and of course have the (only) door into there blocked so it cant be opened up from teh outside

id LOVe to see either the spawn zone moved, or that whole area flagged as "unbuildable area"
pablofiasco

Postby DrJones » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:16 pm

-Jonesy
Steam: DrJones
Live: Bloobunni
FA and LJ: jonesybunny
DrJones

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:51 pm

I'd expect the Sentry not to be a problem due to the spawn protection. But I may be misunderstanding spawn protection.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Purplecat » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:08 pm

You can decompile maps, but that tend to be controversial to do... especially of third party maps. It's pretty much the same thing as downloading a picture and photoshopping it.

Safest way would be to contact the author, and ask for permission (and perhaps proper map source files).
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:33 pm

Given the map itself, I'd almost say the time would be better spent making an entirely new map.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Pathia » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:15 pm

I've never actually seen cyberpunk in action, did this really happen that often, or is the fact it would get stuck probably the reason I've never seen it as no one voted for it as a result?
Pathia

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:45 pm

...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:19 pm

Cyberpunk has a timer in it, but it will count down to zero without any effect. I can't speak for the door getting stuck, but I've run into various problems on the map.

Here's how every game I've played ends up going: one side or the other (or both) will end up clustering at the ends of the main road, typically with two or more Snipers. Sometimes you have Heavies and Soldiers involved. Demomen and Pyros will run down this route or zig-zag trying to dodge the various signage and similar things that are colored identically to the surroundings, transparent, or both. I can't count the number of times I've ended up smacking into one of these or having grenades bounce off. As people die they respawn at various points in the middle and ends, resulting in short runs from shop to shop, getting sniped, burned, or blown up. Eventually a few people will take to the roof and run around to the end, where they can fire down at and into the spawn point at one end of the street. That ends up getting camped for at least several kills before whoever's up there either gets driven away with grenades or just runs out of ammo. Throughout all of this, several shared spawn points on the map will result in people either being killed as soon as they spawn, or not long after.

After around 30 minutes or so (I think the timer's 32+ minutes long) people will start wanting to rock the vote. This typically results in between ten and fifteen minutes of people in chat telling everyone else to rtv, which usually ends up stalling out a few votes short before finally there's enough. Then play continues for a short while, and we move on to something else. Which will, regardless of the map, result in at least one person complaining. But as best I can tell that's par for the course with custom maps.
Stormcaller3801

PreviousNext

Return to Team Fortress 2