HLSS Spam

Discuss TF2! Or don't. Whatever takes your fancy.

Postby Rhennessa » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:50 am

Is it me, or has there just been -way- too much spam over HLSS recently? It's a real hassle needing to mute people in the middle of a match, and I'm finding I have to do it about two to four times a game session because of the sheer amount of it. It's not so much a matter of it being used, but as it being ungodly repetitive and loud when it is. Two or three times, sure, it's funny, but after that, just, ow, I know I don't play TF2 to get a throbbing headache. Could we do something about restricting the spam a bit please?
Rhennessa

Postby Witchiebunny » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:55 am

It'll be looked into as soon as I have the ability
Witchiebunny

Postby Arcalane » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:02 am

I agree it has been getting a bit out of hand lately. Be nice if there was some kind of way to temporarily mute everyone's mics (except the admins) so we could either give everyone a timeout or tell 'em to cool off.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Witchiebunny » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:08 am

I'm not above giving two warnings then server side muting people for ten minutes. If they repeat it, then they get a longer time period. If they leave and rejoin to get around it that's a kick....I like HLSS as much as everyone else but there has to come a time when it needs to be controlled.
Witchiebunny

Postby NikkyVix » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:42 am

My general approach is a written or voice warning when someone is spamming HLSS repeatedly or very frequently within two minutes, and if they continue, they are muted. Some listen and cut it out, sometimes with an apology, when they realize they are being annoying. Some don't, and end up muted.

I have already had to do the latter a couple of times.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Return to Team Fortress 2