The Death Penalty

For Political Discussion. This is another definite "Keep it Civil" area; Respect others' perspectives if debate happens.

Postby Ferto12 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:26 am

I saw Nuke's topic about political stances, and wanted to ask people about their specific beliefs regarding the death penalty without steering it off-topic.

So, is the death penalty, in times of peace (AKA this isn't about court marshals), morally right?
User avatar
Ferto12
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:49 am

Postby Mortician175 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:43 am

Firing Squad, Quick, cost effective, relatively painless, and id say a hell of alot more Dignifying rather than being strapped into a chair or slab and either electrocuted or pumped full of painful and deadly chemicals. Yea youd proably feel the first bullets but at that point from the pain you go into shock annnnd your down for the count.

But honestly, i feel the death penalty is nessecary because think about it chaps and chapettes. Lets do a bit of an example!

*Random guy (or in some cases women) A runs into house and Stabs or rapes Random Person B*

*Random guy A is caught by the police who didnt take 5 fucking hours to get to the scene and sent to prison rather than having his cock cut off if he raped random person B*

*Enter a dozen other insane attention hungry twats who didnt get enough hugs from mummy or daddy and they think in their psychotic brains "hey that guy didn't get killed, he only has to go to prison for life (or if in some cases only a few years because they have a good fucking lawyer) and has to be someones bitch or sugar daddy, or in some peoples case here... JAIL BAIT!!! (no names mentioned you know who you are :3)*

Now what should have happened here is the fucker should have been found guilty, taken out behind a shed to a firing squad, giving a cigarette and turned into a bullet magnet. in which case! this should be the killer(s) thoughts.

*oh shit he just got fucking shot to bits ive got a choice between killing and probably being caught and lined up on a wall and shot or live the rest of my insane life*

Oh and insanity or mental problems and blaming video games.... NOT.... AN.... EXCUSE.... FOR...... MURDER.
The only way id accept Mental instability as an excuse is if the guy had multiple personalities. beyond that i cant really think of anything else.

But all this is one persons opinion, im eager to see others.
Image
Mortician175
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:29 pm

Postby Ferto12 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:57 pm

Mortician175 wrote:*Random guy (or in some cases women) A runs into house and Stabs or rapes Random Person B*

*Random guy A is caught by the police who didnt take 5 fucking hours to get to the scene and sent to prison rather than having his cock cut off if he raped random person B*

*Enter a dozen other insane attention hungry twats who didnt get enough hugs from mummy or daddy and they think in their psychotic brains "hey that guy didn't get killed, he only has to go to prison for life (or if in some cases only a few years because they have a good fucking lawyer) and has to be someones bitch or sugar daddy, or in some peoples case here... JAIL BAIT!!! (no names mentioned you know who you are :3)*

Now what should have happened here is the fucker should have been found guilty, taken out behind a shed to a firing squad, giving a cigarette and turned into a bullet magnet. in which case! this should be the killer(s) thoughts.

*oh shit he just got fucking shot to bits ive got a choice between killing and probably being caught and lined up on a wall and shot or live the rest of my insane life*


I pose only one question, if they were in fact psychotic, do you think they'd honestly give a care if they were going to die or not as a result of their actions? If a person is pushed so far as to kill another innocent human being, do you think they'd give a flying fuck whether they die as a result of it?
User avatar
Ferto12
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:49 am

Postby Mortician175 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:23 pm

Not all psycho's are not unaware of their psychosis dip shit. this is a forum for opinions, not flaming others opinions or examples so heres to you deusch bag *gives him the single digit salute.*
Image
Mortician175
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:29 pm

Postby Ferto12 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:13 pm

Mortician175 wrote:Not all psycho's are not unaware of their psychosis dip shit. this is a forum for opinions, not flaming others opinions or examples so heres to you deusch bag *gives him the single digit salute.*

Good lord, I never insulted you or even insinuated anything. I simply asked you two related questions. Sure, I said, "do you think they'd give a flying fuck whether they die as a result of it?” but that wasn't meant as an inflammatory remark, and I apologize if it was taken as one.

I wasn't flaming your example, I was criticizing it. If I'm not allowed to point out the potential faults of examples or arguments, then there isn't much room to argue at all.

If a psychopath is lucid enough to realize "Hrm, maybe I shouldn't kill this person because of the consequences" can they really still be called a psychopath?
User avatar
Ferto12
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:49 am

Postby Witchiebunny » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:29 pm

Mortician175 wrote:Not all psycho's are not unaware of their psychosis dip shit. this is a forum for opinions, not flaming others opinions or examples so heres to you deusch bag *gives him the single digit salute.*


Mortician, watch it. You're treading the line. Settle down, nothing was meant by his comment. He was civil to you, I expect you to be civil to him as well.
User avatar
Witchiebunny
 
Posts: 755
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:43 pm
Location: In her burrow. Drinking Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

Postby Doom » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:38 pm

I'm all for it; however, I see life in prison as a worse sentence than the Death Penalty. I'm actually not one for heavy law-breakers either; I could care less if the worst of the worst were used in experiments or in a gladiator-style arena that's broad-casted on TV with loads of advertisements. :u
User avatar
Doom
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:15 pm

Postby Cpt. Nuke » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:23 am

I'm for it, in fact. To quote Tolkien, "Some that die deserve to live, some that live deserve death" (Or something similar to that, but you get the idea).

EXCEPT IN SOME CASES

Case A: Guy on death row is a terrorist. Said terrorist believes that if he dies he will be a martyr and will get 72 virgins after he dies. So basically the executioner is the doorman to a massive sex party in paradise. Why the hell would he decline? If he believes that he really will get 72 virgins after he kicks the bucket, why wouldn't he want to die? He should just be left to rot in prison for the rest of his life, not get the quick and easy way out.


Case B:I know there is the whole eye for and eye thing I've been preaching about, but if it's manslaughter or accidental, I don't think the suspect should deserve to be punished: in some cases. Example: Guy A is driving at night, might have forgot to put his headlights on. Guy B, likely barely visible, is standing around the next corner. Guy A rounds said corner, kills Guy B. This would be purely accidental, given the circumstances (And assuming Guy A is apologetic/guilty). Should he die for accidentally killing someone or being careless? No. Should he get jail time or other punishment? Yes, most likely. An accidental killing or manslaughter isn't murdering someone in cold blood. Guy A may be a careless driver, but he isn't a sociopathic murderer who deserves to die.


Doom wrote:I'm all for it; however, I see life in prison as a worse sentence than the Death Penalty. I'm actually not one for heavy law-breakers either; I could care less if the worst of the worst were used in experiments or in a gladiator-style arena that's broad-casted on TV with loads of advertisements. :u


Gladiator battles? Win.
User avatar
Cpt. Nuke
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:32 am

Postby Bio » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:06 am

I'll keep my opinion short and bitter: Neccessary. Imagine if Hitler was sent to jail. Would you rather have him have a life sentence with a chance of appeal or an excecution? Not everyone deserves a second chance.

in b4 Godwin's law
AKA SiRK/Felsirk

Image
User avatar
Bio
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:23 pm

Postby Spotty Hyena » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:28 pm

To be honest, it depends on the charges or crime/s they comited. If serious enough (such as child paedophilia, child abuse, etcetc) like that, then I agree whole-heartedly that they should face the death penalty. HOWEVER, EXTREME cases such as those would be the only charges that would make someone face the death penalty. Anything else, let them rot in prison, is my honest opinion on the matter.
User avatar
Spotty Hyena
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:39 pm
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

Next

Return to Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron