[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Full-length TF2 movie?

Full-length TF2 movie?

Post any TF2-related news here.

Postby Fox Vert » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:24 am

I would think it much more likely that they make a short film than a feature length version. I'd be surprised if they did anything longer than about 15 minutes.

Having said that, it can be hard to know what to do with short films commercially.
Now with added Brain Slug
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrFoxVert
Fox Vert

Postby Purplecat » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:40 am

Yeah, I think something like 30 minutes would be more likely.

Might even bundle it with something too, "30 min TF2 movie with Episode 3!".
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:03 am

Yeah... when it's released in 2015...
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Sekh765 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:49 am

Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby JimmyChopblock » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:24 am

Honestly, I think animated filmmaking is the way for Valve to go these days. Their videos seem to be the only consistantly awesome and increasing in quality products they release these days.
JimmyChopblock

Postby Ayeaka » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:07 pm

Except, then they'd be competing with Pixar. I see it as more of a side thing.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby JimmyChopblock » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:36 pm

they'd be competing with Pixar no more than they'd be competing with Dreamworks Animation.

The film industry works a little different than the game industry as far as "competetion" is concerned. Usually, if you make a good film and release it with proper distribution and a good advertising campaign it'll show in the box office. It doesn't matter if there's other animated films being released too - although several in the theater at any given time will definately have some semblance of impact, just the same as having two comedies in the theater at the same time. Mainly this scenario just causes people who are fans of the genre to have to pick which one they want to go see, and most don't go to the theater to see every movie they want.

Valve has proven their competancy in animation and storytelling, as well as good marketing campaigns. If they put together a good script and run a TF2 film around Cannes - I'm sure they'll meet success. I doubt they'll pick up a distributor that would give them the every major theater in america treatment on their first go, but that's to be said about any new filmmaker/studio. I say they create and release a TF2 movie that will gain them attention in the film/animation world as well as draw in the niche valve/tf2 market initially - and then create something entirely new and original.
JimmyChopblock

Postby Dr. Furry » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:39 pm

November 5, 2009 at 1:40 AM

i’d rather them make a movie on a game with an actual story line like half life, instead of one that just revolves around doing objectives

that said, i wouldn't like to see one on half life either, mostly because i'm sure teh director would get it all wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1UPMEmCqZo
this is pretty nifty thuogh
Dr. Furry

Previous

Return to News