[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - April 20, 2009 - Team Fortress 2 Update

April 20, 2009 - Team Fortress 2 Update

Post any TF2-related news here.

Postby Rayne » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:43 pm

Rayne

Postby Ayeaka » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:00 pm

I want a beret for spy, now. :<

But I'm still nervous about this...
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Chevallier LaChance » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:47 am

I think the heavy may get one of those old leather football helmets they had back in the 20's. That would be funny to see rather than a modern on. :D I wanna know what the sniper is getting though! The suspense is racking me!
I kissed a horse and I liked it.
Chevallier LaChance

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:36 pm

This will either be epic win, or epic fail.

In that GFC there is a list of several modifiers, which are mainly things like
+1% clip size
-1% health
+1% crit chance
-1% fire speed

etc.

"“Attrib_FistsHaveRadialBuff” ”On Kill: +50 Health on nearby teammates\nOn Kill: +10% Crit Chance on nearby teammates”"
just plain intrigues me.

And I SO hope that
“Attrib_Medigun_CritBoost” ”ÜberCharge grants 100% critical chance”
STAYS with the Kritzkreig; last thing needed is UberCharge base gun = +KRITZ, COMPRESSING 3 MEDICS INTO ONE LOLOLOL

I still think they should either work on one update at a time as they have been doing, or just say FUCK YOU AMERICA and not release them until they are ALL done, if they're so cotton-picking worried about peoples' complaints that not everyone is getting to use the loadout screen yet. Oh wah-wah, boo hoo! CRY SOME MORE.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to seeing what they're going to use that secondary PDA for - they mentioned one of the Engineer's problems was that the Sentry Gun was binary - newb players fall to it like no tomorrow, and experienced players have very little trouble taking out a sentrygun once they know its location. Valve said they wanted to fix that, so hopefully they've come up with a solution.
Angry_Squirrel

Postby NikkyVix » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:41 pm

I'm reserving making any sort of judgment or opinion on this until I get more information. It feels safer than wild conjecture at this point, planting the seeds for hope or outrage.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Pathia » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:05 am

I am hoping the spice it up a bit more, TF2 has been growing more difficult for me to enjoy. I only have a few classes I enjoy playing at all and then I get bored too easily. This sort of thing might help :D But then booze would too...hmmmm...can always have both!
Pathia

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:19 pm

Angry_Squirrel

Postby Tehrasha » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:28 am

My only guess about the whole 'delete' function is that there will be so many drop items with meaningless attributes that you wont care about a permenant delete.

What was most fun was listening to people chatter the first night about how Valve had obviously nerfed a bunch of things in the Apr.20 release. The nades dont do as much damage, the range on the flame thrower is reduced, the heavy hits and crits less often.... omg, the endless blather was hilarious as our team repeatedly mowed them down. (Obviously we hadnt updated yet) :D
Everything I've learned in TF2, I've learned from watching Doom kick my ass!
Tehrasha

Postby Arcalane » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:09 am

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Atchhoat » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:32 am

I am totally worried about permanently deleting ANYTHING. If you only have X number of slots, fine, that's ok, I don't mind having to only be able to equip or wear so much, but even if it was going MMO style, MMOs still have BANKS and what not. Permanent with no chance to require is just icky.
Atchhoat

PreviousNext

Return to News