[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Sniper Update!!! ...No really!

Sniper Update!!! ...No really!

Post any TF2-related news here.

Postby Taross » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:25 pm

The remote grabbing would be really situational. It would be useless when the intel is in its normal spot, covered with sentries and by others. But just after a capture has gone awry, it's usually just sitting there and only some stickies around it as a quick deterrant. Being able to nab it /then/ would be interesting. If not just for the fact it would get at least one sniper out of his little roost and out in the open for that capture.
Taross

Postby JimmyChopblock » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:09 am

blah...does the sniper really need an update? he's already super powerful as it is. he's a sniper. he snipes. what's there to add? why can't we improve classes that need improvement first?
JimmyChopblock

Postby Ayeaka » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:56 am

Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Makaze » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:59 pm

Makaze

Postby Notere » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:03 pm

15 seconds? Slow ass.
Notere

Postby Ayeaka » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:38 pm

I don't think it needs more of a delay. Honestly. It's one shot, reload. Shoot, reload.

SLOW.

Hell, I wouldn't even mind seeing a sidegrade rifle with a CLIP, provided it was different in a way that encouraged snipers not to camp so damned much.

And before you say camping is the point to the sniper...

No, no, it really isn't. And if you haven't NOTICED the snipers that camp the most, get KILLED the most, because everyone figures out where they are, and focuses on taking them out the instant they appear.
Frau Chimäre~
Ayeaka

Postby Purplecat » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:19 pm

Just keep in mind, a sniper update doesn't necessarily make the class better... just probably more versatile. Like most of the last class updates (expect for the pyro one).

As long the upgrades don't encourage a camping sniper, I'm all fine with it.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Ayeaka » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:33 pm

Frau Chimäre~
Ayeaka

Postby Chevallier LaChance » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:41 am

I cant wait for the damned thing! Or at least some intel on the class updates. Truthfully I want a sniper rifle that is semi auto, no charge, but does 45-60 body shot and has chances to crit while scoped..
I kissed a horse and I liked it.
Chevallier LaChance

Postby Ayeaka » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:20 am

Frau Chimäre~
Ayeaka

PreviousNext

Return to News