[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Sniper Update!!! ...No really!

Sniper Update!!! ...No really!

Post any TF2-related news here.

Postby Bio » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:23 pm

I can only think about one thing when the update is released:

MEDIC
MEDIC
MEDIC
MEDIC
MEDIC
AKA SiRK/Felsirk

Bio

Postby Purplecat » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:49 pm

Heh, while the update might eventually make me use sniper for a bit to get his unlockables, I probably would wait for the sniperrush to die down. Plus I probably wouldn't play him much after getting the unlockables.

Expect me to only use sniper really quickly to get one or two impossible achievements, I always get the rest legit since I find fun in doing so. :P
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Marshtomp » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:59 pm

HOMING SNIPER BULLETS?

God i dont know!
Its hard for me to imagine what a Sniper could get!

Marshtomp

Postby Ayeaka » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:29 pm

My thoughts?

Well.

...Gentlemen?
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:23 pm

It's about damn time.

I'll look it up later, but back around in July not long after the Pyro update there was found in like the Russian TF2 some lines that the rest of us didn't have...

Those lines were the Heavy and Sniper, talking about what new weapons they just got.
And ya know what the next update was after that was revealed?

Heavy. ("My fists! They are made of steel!")

Those who have me on steam start poking me if I forget about this and fail to update y'all about what was found. (That is, if someone else doesn't re-discover it first and post it on the steam forums which then spreads to everywhere else... <.<)
Angry_Squirrel

Postby Dravu » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:59 am

Sniper is my main class, but I can say that I'll be using Spy quite a lot for the first week or so after the update.
Spyro is pie!
Dravu

Postby Purplecat » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:33 pm

Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Mortician175 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:15 am

I think this was a bad way to go. Sure the sniper needs some help but he can still carry himself in a fight. Engineer and Spy are quickly becoming whittled out with all the new toys. Heavy's natascha.. pyros every weapon ever conceived for the class simple walking into them and they just get owned. Engineer's stuff can't keep up with the barrage of new weapons, the sentry gun is easily overwhelmed if the team doesn't help him out, hell simple ducking in an out around a corner can be enough to kill it. I seriously hoped for an engi or atleast a spy update since they need the most help right now.

But then i think about it this way. Lots of backstabs that week.
Mortician175

Postby Taross » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:17 pm

What has been offered is infra-red scope. Which to my mod-senses is horrible. Nobody's waiting on a sniper-weapon that can hide people hacking due to giving away positions...

I'd say, give the sniper a stand-mounted weapon. Allow him to lie down on the floor to zoom in and possibly having no recharge, at the cost of needing a couple of seconds to hunker down and get back up. Sure, you can shoot and shoot and shoot (maybe less ammo and make him unable to vaccuum bullets from a dispenser while lying down) but as it takes you two seconds to get to your feet... well... Maybe not so useful in the middle of a bombcart push. You're a lying duck for any class that gets by your scope, and you can't scoot away from rockets.

For his secondary, give him one of those hats with corks on the rim. I dunno, the added shade protects him from Koala attacking, or just adds health to the sniper, or a one-time protection vs headshot. BAM, corks gone, BAM, sniper gone. Maybe a sniper with a little overconfidence that the one he's aiming at won't immediately headshot him will keep him exposed longer for other classes to shoot at.

Melee... lets get silly. A boomerang. Primary mouse-button makes him whack people close-range with a hard and sharp bit of wood, secondary mouse-button lets him throw it for a couple yards. Do the Zelda thing and let the sniper yank up health, ammo, or even intel out of a minefield of stickies. Perhaps that will make snipers come out and play more often to try and snag the intel without getting blown up instead of always hiding behind a crate to snipe. Of course, after throwing there's no melee for a while and the throw doesn't hurt others.

I'm just musing... Maybe someone knows where to submit this stuff to Valve :D
Taross

Postby Purplecat » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:40 pm

The "mounted weapon" thing have been discussed over on the steam places and people seem to be negative about it because it strengthens the camping role of the sniper. And sure it makes the sniper more vulnerable to spies, but keep in mind that there's alot of map spots that snipers hangs out where the spy have a hard time to reach (if he can at all).

And eh, cork-hat would be a such obvious tradeoff for most snipers. Some snipers seems to even prefer going noscope over switching to the SMG when it's needed, and can go through a whole match without using it.

Remote intel grabbing seems a little bit too much, but I don't have much else to say about your third suggestion. :P
Purplecat
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News