Finally!

Post any TF2-related news here.

Postby Arcalane » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:01 pm

Incoming Heavy!
August 11, 2008 - Robin Walker

We've been a little quiet for the last week as we've put the finishing touches on the Heavy update. We thought the Pyro pack was the biggest we'd be doing for a while, due to the large changes to the Pyro, but the Heavy update has turned out to be even bigger. In addition to the three unlockable weapons and thirty-five achievements for the Heavy, we've got a new game mode with five new maps for it, a new Payload map focusing on more open spaces than Goldrush, and another popular community-made map. Throughout the rest of the week we'll be giving you the details on all this, and if all goes well, you'll have your hands on it shortly afterwards.

The community-made map included in the Heavy update is cp_steel, by Jamie 'Fishbus' Manson. After the Pyro update we received a lot of email telling us how wrong we were in our choices, and cp_steel was an easy next choice due to the way it dominated the suggestions. If you're firing up your email right now to tell us that we never get anything right, please include suggestions of what map(s) we should be looking at next.

We'll be updating A Heavy Update site with more info daily. Stay tuned!
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Purplecat » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:11 pm

That cp_steel got eventually added is not big surprise for me. Hopefully this will reduce the amount of "OMG IM SO LOST", and I think Valve will include the introduction video for cp_steel. cp_steel have one, but unfortunately it's not included when you download the level. Said video is made by Team Roomba as well, which have a few references to it scattered over the level. I'm not surprised it's next as it's probably one of the most talked custom maps. Glad to know that Valve seems to take suggestions for Community maps to include. :P

A new game mode with five maps announced at the same time... now that sounds a little bit unusual for valve.

More open spaces sounds fun for both spies (as long it's not too open) and snipers. Let see how that works.

Gotta love the way Valve is providing the info. Chances are that they forget to update it on some day. xD
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Bio » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:36 pm

AKA SiRK/Felsirk

Bio

Postby Purplecat » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:09 am

Hmm, I just realized.

"If you're firing up your email right now to tell us that we never get anything right, please include suggestions of what map(s) we should be looking at next."

Seems like they're pretty much saying "Don't whine about the map we choose being wrong, suggest one". You should seen the offical TF2 forums how much whining over how this and that map is better than ctf_turbine or cp_warpath.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Return to News