August 2nd - Awesomenauts + Sleeping Dogs promos

Post any TF2-related news here.

Postby Wulfie » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:23 am

Team Fortress 2 Update Released
Product Update - Valve
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
* Marked mem_force_flush as a cheat to prevent client exploits
* Fixed %n console crash in the client

Team Fortress 2
* Added new items:

* Added new promo items (Awesomenauts)
* Fixed sappers attaching incorrectly to teleporters that are still building
* Improved reliability for finding a coach
* Fixed Engineer training shotgun and pistol images being swapped
* Fixed GetPlayerItems web APIs not respecting inventory privacy settings
* Quickplay beta: Fixed bug causing game servers to sometimes stop receiving traffic upon victory condition
* Quickplay beta: Added more status information while in the matchmaking queue
Wulfie

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:26 am

The new minigun is literally the worst idea valve has ever put into this game. And at this point that's an accomplishment.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby MaskedJackal » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:04 pm

Mr. Munchlax wrote:The new minigun is literally the worst idea valve has ever put into this game. And at this point that's an accomplishment.

I couldn't have said it better myself. The patch notes should just say "Hey guys, we've injected more cancer into the game!" from now on.
Image◕ ‿ ◕
MaskedJackal

Postby Salen Stormwing » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:39 pm

Mr. Munchlax wrote:The new minigun is literally the worst idea valve has ever put into this game. And at this point that's an accomplishment.

Bah, the original Tomislav and original Natascha were MUCH worst ideas. This is just bad in a "What were they thinking?!" sort of way and not "OMG NERF NOW WHY IS THE GAME SO BROKEN NOW?!?" sort of way.
Salen Stormwing

Postby Sekh765 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:47 am

I think it sounds hilarious. I am going to jump through a ring of fire just to stab a heavy in the spine.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Purplecat » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:06 pm

MaskedJackal wrote:

I couldn't have said it better myself. The patch notes should just say "Hey guys, we've injected more cancer into the game!" from now on.
If I wanted to read hyperbole, I go onto the SPUF forums :|. I don't like the new minigun myself, but honestly it really only affects spies and perhaps to a lesser extent scout (but just keep a small distance). Stuff will be rebalanced, relax. They already tweaked the new sapper to be less insane, in a hotfix.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Sekh765 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:03 pm

Purplecat wrote:
MaskedJackal wrote:

If I wanted to read hyperbole, I go onto the SPUF forums :|. I don't like the new minigun myself, but honestly it really only affects spies and perhaps to a lesser extent scout (but just keep a small distance). Stuff will be rebalanced, relax. They already tweaked the new sapper to be less insane, in a hotfix.

If you don't want to read hyperbole, skip any reply by munch or mj in update threads :P
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Salen Stormwing » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:28 pm

Sekh765 wrote:If you don't want to read hyperbole, skip any reply by munch or mj in update threads :P

http://instantrimshot.com/

The new Scout secondary is interesting, and I can only imagine what the meters must look like for a Scout with a Soda Popper, Guillotine, and Sandman.
Salen Stormwing

Return to News