[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - July 20th - Fit For a King update

July 20th - Fit For a King update

Post any TF2-related news here.

Postby Wulfie » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:17 am

Wulfie

Postby Arcalane » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:51 am

PACK UP THE TEA, BOYS! WE'RE JOINING THE SPACE MARINES!
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Salen Stormwing » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:05 am

Space! Space! Let's go! Woot! Someone get me a suit of armor the size of four outhouses to wear! :ugeek:
Salen Stormwing

Postby Jinx » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:57 pm

Mutton chops are epic looking on the soldier. As for the new soldier weapons;

The Righteous Bison seems very meh... I don't see the penetration ever being used to its fullest (team fight in the turbine vents, that's about it?) and it's not hitscan? Why would this be used over the shotgun?

The Cow Mangler 5000 seems overpowered on paper but I'd like to play with it before really being sure. From what I've heard you move very slowly when charging so it sounds like it wouldn't be useful for encounters you are already in, but just spamming areas from afar.. so that doesn't sound... too bad... Ignoring the charge shot though it's the normal rocket launcher with one extra rocket and has infinite ammo? I've learned to not depend on crits so I'm not really seeing a downside, especially since demos are usually used for sentry clearing anyway.
Jinx

Postby Tails » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:20 pm

The bison is actually pretty sweet :V a normal hit will hit 3 times and it has almost non existent fall off so at long range you always do over 10 damage and it usually hits 3 times and if the enemy is backpeddaling or turning they will get hit even more *hit a backpeddaling scoot for at least 7 hits :V* and its the only laser gun that can crit so it has even more of a sting, it also has a fast reload aswell.
Tails

Postby Jinx » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:14 pm

Jinx

Postby Nohobo » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:53 am

From what I've see so far the new rocket launcher is almost a strait upgrade from the stock launcher. I'm expecting to see it nerfed in the near future.
Nohobo

Postby Salen Stormwing » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:34 am

Entire Victory Pack: $29.99
Number of Reclaimed Metal to make a Cow Mangler 5000: 1
Reflecting lasers with compression blasts back at Soldiers: PRICELESS!

There's some things Refined metal can't buy. For everything else, there's a Pyro saying FU to physics.
Salen Stormwing

Postby STrRedWolf » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:07 am

Well, you forget these are infallible aether modulators. The pyro's airblast also reflects aether modulations.
Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

Return to News