[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - The Uber Update (Feat. Meet the Medic)

The Uber Update (Feat. Meet the Medic)

Post any TF2-related news here.

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:48 pm

I'm going to reserve judgement until these items are actually in the game but I am a little concerned about that minigun...

The new spy pistol looks pretty cool though, design wise, I love snub nose revolvers.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Salen Stormwing » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:55 pm

Why so, Munch? Because it's quiet, so you won't hear it when it shoots you?

No spinning barrel. It's so sexy though. :mrgreen:

And for folks wondering what we'll be getting later....

I'll just leave this link here. Some of the stuff we've already gotten though, like the Team Captain.
Salen Stormwing

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:28 pm

Well for one thing, the minigun already spins up pretty damn fast. but 75% faster? Plus it's silent? Come on.

And I really hope that goal keeper minigun isn't true.

Just go ahead and keep giving Heavy the most ridiculous shit you can think of Valve.
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Salen Stormwing » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:05 am

The "spin up" or lack there of just makes the Tommy gun act like a regular gun, I'd guess. It does less damage than a normal minigun. Really, the only advantage is it's quiet so you can go Chicago Typewriter on somebody. In fact... I need to make that the name of my gun, as soon as I get one. :geek:
Salen Stormwing

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:22 am

Jesus H Christ Uber Update day 2.

All those things, especially the demoknight shit is just... it's just all so horrible. Unless the next few days show some totally awesome shit for... I dunno some other class I'm going to be very very sad when this update come sout.
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Salen Stormwing » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:24 am

Well, that's interesting. The Shashanshah (Sniper Sword) is just the Beta Sniper Club. It's effectively a Sniper Equalizer without the movement increase. Low health, more damage.

The Sniper Rifle though... Dear lord... all L33t Sn1perz will use it cuz it iz t3h l33t. I fear for those of us who suck at sniping and/or play heavy.

The Demo Screen isn't too bad. Sort of like an alt form of the Targe.

Demo Sword makes you into a sword swinging lunatic who'll charge all over the place, since it seems ammo goes straight to charge.

Demo Shoes make you turn 100% more during charge and +25 health.

Dear lord in heaven... The Arabian Demo is going to be everyone's default for Medieval mode. Just... oww. I mean, seriously, oww. Hell, in some nice, close quarter maps, you might really be able to screw some folks over with surprise melee-demo going to town.

Unlike Mulch, I like this update, although I don't see myself using the sniper stuff... at all. But at least the hats look cool.
Salen Stormwing

Postby Tehrasha » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:56 am

Everything I've learned in TF2, I've learned from watching Doom kick my ass!
Tehrasha

Postby Irukandji » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:08 am

Eww, I think these new demo and sniper designs are just blah x10. Only gonna get them to keep up the weapons library :/

Humm, the Demo stuff looks extremely useful, but still. I prefer the Mafia weapon designs so much more.
Irukandji

Postby Sekh765 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:04 am

Day 1 - Pretty cool. I like the weapon design, they all seem cool, kinda fit with the TF2 theme, etc.

Day 2 - Wtf is this. Sniper rifle will make some folks happy. Rest of it is....just....meh.

Remember back in the day. When demomen were about blowing stuff up?
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:27 am

I miss those days.
Mr. Munchlax

PreviousNext

Return to News