[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - April 15th - The Hatless Update

April 15th - The Hatless Update

Post any TF2-related news here.

Postby Wulfie » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:54 am

Wulfie

Postby MASTERFURRYX » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:39 am

Classless and then HATless update, now were seeing a pattern here
I was killed in the honor of Golden wrench #60.
TF2 Backpack: http://www.tf2items.com/id/MASTERFURRYX
MASTERFURRYX

Postby Purplecat » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:42 am

The fists of steel nerf is welcome. The problem was that the downside didn't really work out, as if you approached the heavy with a melee weapon he would usually have enough time to switch to his minigun. Which is lethal at a really close range. :| The switch nerf should make that a little harder for the heavy to do.

Assuming that a heavy is fully overhealed, and is not hit by melee, his virtual hp was:

And is now:

So he's still a powerful tank with it, before anyone complains.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Salen Stormwing » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:54 pm

A lot of these changes were ones from the TF2 Beta. Some of them I understand, some of them, not so much. It's nice to see the backburner got a buff so it can use the compression blast, but they nerfed the power jack which makes it worthless, even moreso when you combine it with the set bonus.

I need to swap out a few items, it would seem. :?
Salen Stormwing

Postby draconigen » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:11 pm

My greatest wet dream now is, that the TFP will finally allow people to vote a little more than only the next map. At least with the new system, griefing should be even more impossible then before!
draconigen

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:32 pm

I'm pretty sure that the admins have already said they won't allow the vote kicking... which I agree with, while it can get rid of griefers, it can also be abused.

As for the other stuff, thanks for the pyro buffs valve, just give me that detonator now.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Jinx » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Jinx

Postby Wulfie » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:55 pm

Wulfie

Postby Oktoberwolf » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:54 pm

Oktoberwolf

Postby Purplecat » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:00 pm

Voting is off for now, but I hope it's exposed to an API so it can at least be somewhat controlled by sourcemod. The fact that MM/Sourcemod broke earlier today seems to be a indirect sign of that. It looks much nicer and flows way better in the game, the regular vote thing feels more like a remainder from half-life/counter-strike and is slightly awkward within TF2.

If we wanted kickvote we probably would had that from the beginning. Other than concerns for abuse, some players we rather investigate and get banned properly... especially if they're aimbotting or something. And i rather not see good players get kicked cause people thought their awesome aiming was aimbotting. D:
Purplecat
Site Admin

Next

Return to News