[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Jan. 27th Update

Jan. 27th Update

Post any TF2-related news here.

Postby Tehrasha » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:16 am

Everything I've learned in TF2, I've learned from watching Doom kick my ass!
Tehrasha

Postby Purplecat » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:54 am

Amusingly the new hats can be gotten from crafting class hats. So if you really want one of them, the highest chance to get one is by crafting spy hats. You then have 3/5 chance of getting one of the new hats. This is probably something Valve just overlooked while adding those hats..
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby SilverWolf » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:47 am

SilverWolf

Postby Arcalane » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:35 pm

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby SilverWolf » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:58 pm

yes, the hats given to the contest winners have ribbons on the side with 1 2 and 3 relating to their finishing spot in the contest, the normal hats do not contain the ribbons and are simply "hats", if it was something that was overlooked, why would they include a non-ribbon version of the hats, perfectly indexed into the system aswell as the fact that it would've been easier to simply model one hat and not two hats or one + ribbon?

Something else that was found in the update, are two new taunts, one for the soldier and one for the demoman, currently not in-game:

SilverWolf

Postby Sekh765 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:32 pm

That looks scarily like the Hitler salute if viewed from the wrong angle O_O
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Wulfie » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:57 pm

Wulfie

Postby Tehrasha » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:11 pm

Something else new?... at least to me.
Saw them while working on a map last night, never noticed them before.
How long have these other stickies been in there?

Everything I've learned in TF2, I've learned from watching Doom kick my ass!
Tehrasha

Postby SilverWolf » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:53 pm

the stickybomb_defender is just the attachment model they use on the Scottish Resistance, much like Natascha's Ammo Belt and the Kritzkrieg's...erm...Barrel thing.

The different models of the sticky bombs are quite interesting though, I guess they're nothing more than stuff left behind when VALVe was toying around with different styled sticky bombs to see a Tester's reaction on "are those SR stickies or normal ones"
SilverWolf

Postby Purplecat » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:14 am

Purplecat
Site Admin

Next

Return to News