[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Soldier/Demo Update Changelog

Soldier/Demo Update Changelog

Post any TF2-related news here.

Postby Tehrasha » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:26 am

December 17, 2009 - Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Team Fortress 2

New Content

* Added new control point map Gorge
* Added new capture the flag map Double Cross
* Added item crafting
* Added work-in-progress TF Bots for beta testing in KOTH maps (blog post coming with more info)
* Added headshot death animations
* Added more backstab animations

Soldier

* Added 35 new Soldier achievements
* Added 4 new Soldier items
* Added new Soldier Domination lines

Demoman

* Added 35 new Demoman achievements
* Added 3 new Demoman items
* Added new Demoman Domination lines

Spy

* Now pretends to be carrying the weapons & wearables of the target he's disguised as
* Moved the Spy's camera-beard to the Misc loadout slot so he can equip it with a hat

Scout

* The Sandman now only stuns on a max range hit (when you hear the cheering)
* All shorter hits now force the enemy into the thirdperson fleeing state (also removed the damage reduction on them)

Minor changes

* Added new options to the Multiplayer->Advanced dialog:
* Combat text, which displays damage amounts you do to enemies.
* Medic auto caller, which automatically shows you nearby friends at low health.
* Heal target marker, which better highlights the target your medigun is locked onto.
* Alternative Spy disguise menu, which lets you choose disguises using just the 1-3 keys.
* Fixed being able to affect friendly pipes with airblast (they would unstick)
* Added recharge sound to abilities with a recharge bar
* Fixed attachable wearables not staying on ragdolls
* Players no longer see the wearables that are a part of a friendly spy's disguise, fixing various graphical glitches
* Added jiggle bones for Pyro's chicken hat
* Added 2 new game startup songs

Community Mapmaker requests

* Implemented InputSetSetupTime() for team_round_timer (was in the .fgd but never implemented)
* Added "SetDispenserLevel" input to cart dispenser (1, 2, or 3)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I the only one going WTF about the Scout nerf?
Everything I've learned in TF2, I've learned from watching Doom kick my ass!
Tehrasha

Postby MaskedJackal » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:37 am

I personally like the Sandman nerf. Being stunned by close range shots was the one of the most annoying things in the game.
Image◕ ‿ ◕
MaskedJackal

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:41 am

The sandman has been nerfed so much, Valve should probably just scrap it and give the scout a different bat that won't get nerfed the shit out of and might actually be useful.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Sekh765 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:09 am

Gotta agree with Munch. They seem to just change it every other patch without warning. Either finish the item or remove it and give us something new.

Also, new disguise stuff is nice, and the domination lines are pure gold. I love this update.
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby iller » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:47 am

I dunno what to think of this update... Rockets are useless against those TARGE demos and they move so damn fast that a Heavy's hitscan fails to detect 'em properly. Sentry's are total trash with so many explosives flying around everywhere and cap points on Push/PL maps just aren't being held. I haven't seen spies proving very useful for anything either. I really hope this is just a fad, and if it's not, I hope the next update buffs heavies & engies (& maybe scouts too) so that 1/3 of the classes in this game can go back to being more useful again.
iller

Postby SilverWolf » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:56 am

it's always a fad, after every main update there's always about a week or so of people going around with the same class to earn the achievements, and thus, the weapons.

Targe demos should (haven't played the update yet) take normal damage to bullets, soldiers can be good with this, just rocket jump upwards to avoid them and just shoot them with the shotgun.

BOOLET.
SilverWolf

Postby iller » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:32 pm

Yeah I see people playing Solly/Demo even when they don't have any of the unlocks yet and I don't see the point. ...Cuz I got all 3 of the Soldier unlocks yesterday by just playing a Medic

...Though 2 of those dropped simultaneously on the FUG server I play on when I'm not TFP'ing and it had just undergone some kind of weird Server-restart I've seen them use in the past that makes players earn up to 4 Drops simultaneously after 20 minutes I think. Not sure if that's considered hacking or exploiting though, I figure it's just an unintentional bug of reconnecting everyone who's been "virtually" unconnected for an hour according to the Server's CMOS. :?
iller

Postby NikkyVix » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:43 am

Maybe some people....gasp...just want to play the class they love?

Everything doesn't have to be explained or quantified. We all play as we wish.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Sekh765 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:46 am

Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby NERDRAGE » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:54 am

Too bad spies will always be obvious. : (

NIPPLES THE CUDDLY METROID!
NERDRAGE

Next

Return to News