[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Pre-Order Giveaway Madness!

Pre-Order Giveaway Madness!

Post any TF2-related news here.

Postby Rayne » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:42 pm

Looks hilariously awesome on the soldier. :3
Rayne

Postby Purplecat » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:51 pm

And people are whining about on the Steam forums.

What a surprise.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby SilverWolf » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:05 pm

SilverWolf

Postby Purplecat » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:10 pm

The difference is that with the halo thing, Valve kinda marked people idling as cheaters, and some people with halos felt uppity about it. And there was this whole Halo vs Idlers flamewar, which most serious TF2 players got tired on REALLY quickly (although I found the whole "cheater apparently" meme across idlers hilarious, and shows that some of us former idlers have a sense of humor :) ).

Now what I mostly see is people not willing to pay 45 USD for the game (and act like you were paying for the hat, not a game), and people who are annoyed back at those.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby SilverWolf » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:24 pm

Yes, although the halo thing led to flamewars that lasted for about a month (or a bit more), people I guess might be afraid of flamewars starting because one guy has a beret and the other one doesn't (mid-game, not forums) or just simple annoyance.

One thing is for certain though, watch out for random GMod humour starring the Soldier with the beret imitating Bill, who on youtube will be first is unsure.

Also, in relation to the plugin I referred, it could be well suited in the "Quirky" server due to how it lets players use hats that belong to other classes (pyro is hilarious with the Demoman's Afro AND Camera Beard).
SilverWolf

Return to News