[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Sept 15 Update

Sept 15 Update

Post any TF2-related news here.

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:07 am

Stormcaller3801

Postby Ayeaka » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:11 am

The idle limiter is apparently actually a fix.

Prior you couldn't be idle-kicked from a server as long as you sat at the MotD.
It's still server-controlled.

Is it just me, or are Valve's update notes getting vaguer and vaguer?
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:15 am

No idea. I don't tend to read them and I'm still relatively new at this.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Kyle » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:17 am

The first thing I noticed was an improvement in performance. This seems to be (at least partially) the result of halos - there's noticeably fewer particles on them. I cap my framerate at 70FPS (monitor refresh rate is 60hz plus some extra just in case!) so I can't say precisely how much it's improved, but I didn't run into any significant frame drops while playing on a full server at Dustbowl and Sawmill. I didn't even turn the rain off for Sawmill either. Previously I was encountering some really significant dips to around 30FPS in full servers. I'd say the performance has returned to at least the Spy/Sniper update, and maybe a little better than that.
Kyle

Postby Purplecat » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:06 am

The idler fix have nothing to do with item idling. :/ We had a few cases where people wouldn't be automatically kicked out when idled... and it was probably people idling at the MOTD screen. Should make the server admins job easier.

Valve can't really add anti-idling stuff anyway because a server mod can override even the most hardcoded stuff, with some effort. It would just be an arm race between modders and idlers. :P

I noticed they hadn't messed with the ubersaw yet, probably because they're waiting on community input (and changes in their stats) on this update before continuing.

Blutsauger seems better in situations where you need to be escaping from enemies or is going battlemedic (don't do this in serious games please). If you think you aren't going to use the slot1 weapon much, going plain syringe gun seems more useful. I like how they buffed the syringe gun instead of nerfing the blutsauger. They actually buffed the blutsauger too by making it crit-able.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:57 pm

Okay, I tested the Bluts a little last night; you do still regen with it, just not as fast as with the Classic gun. But you have your +3HP on hit bonus, and if I read those notes right the Bluts can crit now, so...how is the Bluts not MORE awesome than it was before?
...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby Ayeaka » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:01 pm

Long story short;

the way Valve wrote their patch notes it looked like, (and a lot of people THOUGHT, myself included, originally,) that the Blutsauger would now slowly drain health from you when not in use.
Frau Chimäre~
Ayeaka

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:03 pm

Nocturnefoxx

Postby Ayeaka » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:26 pm

Frau Chimäre~
Ayeaka

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:51 pm

The patch notes only confuse me when they start talking about the mathematics of how they arrived at some damage formula or whatever. They need to leave that out and just tell me the layman's version of how they improved my RED team murderin' experience.
Nocturnefoxx

Next

Return to News