[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - August 31 update: Idlers BEWARE

August 31 update: Idlers BEWARE

Post any TF2-related news here.

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:23 pm

...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

Postby Helios » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:24 pm

I think for the most part, this is going to come down to trusting Valve to get the trading in place.

Think about it, every game in the Half-Life series developed by Valve has been delayed by at least a year. Yet Valve still delievered epicly awesome games right? Remember how everyone raged when HL2 was delayed? And how about TF2? Nine years in development? It was listed beside DNF as "vaporware" for a reason.

Valve may have made a big ass mistake here, but they haven't let me down yet. I'm confident that the trading system will be released soon...alongside Episode Three and Portal 2 ;>

And again, kudos to you all for discussing this in a calm, civilized manner. The Steam forums are so full of rage that it's painful to look at.
I do not pray for an easy life. I pray to be a stronger bird.
Helios

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:32 pm

Nocturnefoxx

Postby Milas » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:30 pm

OH GOD. The TF2 forums over at valve have gone absolutely nuts.

Also, I have not received a halo, nor a notification of my account being or not being flagged. However, I did run the idle program a couple of times, never got a hat, just duplicate items, which I deleted those.

I think there may be a small chance that valve will delete the halo in the near future, as it seems to be stirring up /quite/ the hornet's nest.

In the mean time, I still have just the batter's helmet, which I consider to be nearly useless to myself.
http://www.tf2items.com/profiles/76561197975663673
Milas

Postby Sekh765 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:59 pm

Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Postby Purplecat » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:11 pm

Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:12 pm

Again I am reminded of Gas Powered Games' boards. There was a tactic in Supreme Commander for one of the three factions- basically akin to a Zerg rush, building up an aerial transport, loading it with units, and then using it as a 'ghetto gunship' to tear apart enemy bases before they could get up adequate defense. GPG tweaked these transports a bit, lowering their health and speed. The boards went absolutely ballistic about how this was ruining the game, utterly unfair, and they would never ever ever ever ever play again.

Where I've seen it the response on image boards has by and large been simple:

Person 1: HOW DARE YOU VALVE! YOU'RE SCUM! YOU SUCK! YOU'VE GOT NO IDEA HOW TO RUN A GAME COMPANY! WE'RE GONNA MAKE YOU PAY FOR THIS!

Person 2: Oh cool, I got a hat.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:13 pm

Nocturnefoxx

Postby Ayeaka » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:15 pm

Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Purplecat » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:16 pm

I'd think it would be fun personally. But who knows what happens with the drama then. :P
Purplecat
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News