[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - August 31 update: Idlers BEWARE

August 31 update: Idlers BEWARE

Post any TF2-related news here.

Postby Buffalo Bill » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:07 pm

I find the way Valve handled things to be completely retarded.

- Making Idling cheating? Fine.
- Punishing Idlers for cheating? Fine.

However, they never made an official statement it was bad. They had ample opportunities to tell DF they didn't like it and he would've shut it down immediately and they didn't. They changed a rules then applied it retroactively. The Halos create elitism/seperatism, and anybody who used his brain for 5 seconds could've seen that coming. The way they handled and applied it is one big cockslap to the face.
Buffalo Bill

Postby Pitchblack » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:31 pm

That's why, legally, laws in the US cannot be applied ex post facto.

It just doesn't work.
*They stand in my road
.....The mad, ancient nasty things
.......... tell them MOVE! or else!*
Pitchblack

Postby Purplecat » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:55 pm

I notice that many people on the forums seems to go on like it was against the rules for all those past months, when it was just relatively recently introduced.

And people are quick with the name-calling in either direction there, but then that's the Steam forums for you. Thankfully that's frowned upon here on our servers. I wasn't looking forward being called a cheater by random players, despite that my current steamname is kinda making fun of the drama involved, but actual experiences tell that most TFP players dosen't resort to name-calling ingame... which i'm thankful for.

It's mostly the retroactive rules+"giving a people a reason for elitism" that made me angry at Valve.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby CrashFu » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:27 am

CrashFu

Postby Ayeaka » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:13 pm

As for Vent/Skype...

They also don't bypass or modify a game's function.

They CAN be used to cheat, and often are, but in themselves are not illegal for the simple fact that they do not bypass a game to do something other than the intended, in-game only functions. (Though believe me, I'm fuggin' tired of being insta-killed by assholes that know where I am instantly due TO that. However, it CANNOT be used as the only excuse for everything.
Scout knowing and hammering me with scattershot--yeah, that might be vent or skype.
But that spy that could always find my skull and headshot me instantly when I was moving cloaked, and not flickering, such as last night?
You can't tell me vent does that.)
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:54 pm

Tangental, but this is the truck & racing team my father works for. :D

I don't know how much cheating I run into on a regular basis. I imagine that's half the point. I am tired of those instances where I do things like run up to an Engie and unload two full blasts of Shotgun buckshot into him at absolute point blank, there's no Medic on the opposite team, and I end up dying only to see his health meter is down just a smidge. I'm far more tired of those instances where it's got nothing to do with cheating, and it's more just people being jerks, or are screaming "YOU NIGGERS" in the chat window over and over again. But I think that's getting closer to a rant than is appropriate for in here.

The general rage about the Halo seems to have died down. I still see them here and there but I think people without other hats have simply forgotten they have them on. I'm hoping everyone who got items via achievements gets them all back. And I'm hoping the whole idle vs. non-idling issue ends up moot simply because of the boosted drop rate.
Stormcaller3801

Postby CrashFu » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:56 pm

CrashFu

Postby Ayeaka » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:51 pm

Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Previous

Return to News