[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Team Fortress 2 betatesting going on...

Team Fortress 2 betatesting going on...

Post any TF2-related news here.

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:38 pm

Sorry- should've been 80 health. Four hits with the Ubersaw Beta 3 to fill up your Uber meter, at -20 health apiece. That puts you at about 70 health, give or take the Medic's regeneration rate. Terribly low particularly for a Medic running around stabbing people. Your average lifespan is short enough as it is.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:10 pm

Losing health for hitting someone? That's incredibly stupid. >.>

I really don't like any of those ideas, for either the GRU or the medic nerfs...
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Ayeaka » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:13 pm

If the medic changes go through...

You're looking at one player that will never touch the class again.

Sad, considering he's one of my mains.

I'm PRAYING they were the ones that were shot down, although honestly, most of the changes in GENERAL are absolutely fucking RETARDED.

I'm..going to cut this post off before I start ranting again over the stupidity of the spy's new suits.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Purplecat » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:48 pm

Maybe those aren't nerfs, but rather a sign of a buff to the orginal medic weapons.

Does anyone seriously use the syringe gun over blutsauger? Ubersaw over Bonesaw? Or Invincibility watch over Cloak and dagger for that matter?
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:03 pm

Stormcaller3801

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:22 pm

I'm really not liking any of these changes.

Spy suits also make me rage, due to me being a regular pyro player. Sure I can probably take them down pretty easily with the shotgun since they wouldn't have a revolver to fight back with, but really having TWO, not one but TWO suits that are geared specifically against pyro is pretty ridiculous. I mean, sure snipers have razorback which is specifically geared against spy, but if a spy just uses the revolver it's essentially useless especially if the spy is using the ambassador. I seriously hope both these suits get scrapped.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:09 am

I'm pretty sure that the talk about 'not igniting' means these suits would make Spies more or less akin to Pyros in terms of afterburn- I don't think it would affect the initial flamethrower damage. And that wouldn't eliminate the Pyro's ability to act as an anti-Spy unit, it'd just reduce it. A cone of fire you can sweep through an area would still be a threat to a Spy, but only about equal to a Heavy spraying bullets or a Soldier launching rockets. It might make it easier for Spies to fight Pyros, but they still aren't likely to run up and facestab you to death. If they just want to kill Pyros they'd be better with the Revolver or Ambassador outside a Pyro's effective range.

Still, I don't see it happening. With the Razorback it's a one time save vs backstab. This as presented would be an always-on defense versus fire. I cannot see it unless it incorporated other nerfs. Say, reduced speed, reduced health, or the previously suggested 'no disguises' or 'no cloak' options from earlier in this topic.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Ayeaka » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:14 am

The spy suits make me rage because they're idiotic. I'd refuse to use them even if they DIDN'T replace the revolver/amby. They're not NEEDED. If Spy needs another weapon at ALL, it would be something like the original tranq gun. Want balanced specs?
1-10 damage on hit, not meant to be damaging. (10'd be like..point blank. With distance it would develop a slight arc and damage would taper off.) No clips. ___insert number___ shots loaded. Does not break disgise to use. Slows enemy by 20% for _insert seconds here._

But a flame proof/retardant suit?

Pyro is MEANT TO BE SPY'S HARD COUNTER.

Spy does NOT need a pyro buff.

INTELLIGENT SPIES can either AVOID, or KILL enemy pyros with no problem.

Ugh, some of the changes sound alright. A tiny few. Most of them sound like they'll either be OP, idiotic, or such a disgusting nerf that they'll do nothing but enrage players when/if they go into effect.

All the suits will do, if implimented is encourage bad spy players to continue playing spy, and NOT LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES.

I remember when I started playing spy. Spy is a very high risk, high reward class. You have to work hard to get the SLIGHTEST benefit when you first play him, but you also learn pretty damn fast what does and doesn't work.

All suits mean?
More men running around in cheap suits and flopping around like headless snakes, flailing about, and getting the REST of the spies on their team caught. :/

As for the invisibility watch;

hell, I use it, and use it often. C&D is my preferred poison, but some maps I just can't get into place quick enough. the IW allows for a very aggressive spy, which is needed sometimes...
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby MaskedJackal » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:01 am

Image◕ ‿ ◕
MaskedJackal

Postby Nocturnefoxx » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:55 pm

...but you can call me Emerson.
Nocturnefoxx

PreviousNext

Return to News