CommFT interview with Robin Walker

Post any TF2-related news here.

Postby Jinx » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:26 pm

http://communityfortress.com/tf2/news/e ... walker.php

Robin Walker talks a bit about the current dichotomy between pub and competitive play within TF2 and how the TF2 team is working to please both sides including a new map that changes based on the number of players. He also discusses a couple other features and updates that will be coming in the future.
Jinx

Postby iller » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:37 pm

TFP server *feels* like a Comp server at certain times... esp when there's only 6-8 ppl per team, and 4 of them are Brumblez, Starbreeze, Abusive, and Broblerone... Plus there's that "Clan guy" who's Leelou's BF and I guarantee HE plays a Comp Demo. Usually when I play on other servers like FUG & FPSB, it's just to get away from the ridiculously high levels of competition that pop up frequently on this server cluster.

As for Comp in general... I've watched the CSS championship fights on G4 and it makes sense for that game. I'm sorry but it DOESN'T make sense for TF2. TF2's strength is in NOT taking itself too seriously which makes CompTF2 players a walking contradiction even IF they're a great barometer for how underpowered or overpowered certain classes are once forced through the fine mesh screen of competitive play...
iller

Return to News