bug update fix thing

Post any TF2-related news here.

Postby iller » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:07 pm

yeah I heard some of them claiming that on the forum but I think they were just trying to sound more oldschool than they really were. Only scout players I ever noticed getting more use out of the scatter was broblerone, killmatic and gamblor
Last edited by iller on Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iller

Postby Pitchblack » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:39 pm

I get more use out of the scattergun than the FAN, and most of the really good scouts I see use teh scattergun, too. I think it's been slowly falling out of use since the update. THe only advantage it gives you is the triple jump, and that's only useful on some maps.
*They stand in my road
.....The mad, ancient nasty things
.......... tell them MOVE! or else!*
Pitchblack

Postby Ayeaka » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:42 pm

I use scatter.

I occasionally switch to FaN for the very beginning of rounds when my team's trying to get out. For instance, on Aqua, I can sometimes blast the heavy-medic away from the door before they can get their uber off, so that my team can get out.

After that, though, scatter. I fly around like crazy when playing as scout, so I'm not much fond of FaN. I still find the update ridiculous, however. FAN CAN FUCKING ONESHOT SCOUTS, IF ALL PELLETS HIT. And I -believe- (Although I'm not sure,) that it can do the same to medics. ._.

The problem is FaN has more pellets than the scattergun does. And..Valve seems to have made the damage increase PER PELLET, not overall.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Previous

Return to News