[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Map Trial Results!

Map Trial Results!

For TFP server admins to post news or information related to the game servers.

Postby Purplecat » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:33 am

I added Nynnja's map to the servers and file server. I personally hadn't even looked at the map but i though it wouldn't hurt to mess around on it.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Fenriswulfdemon » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:33 pm

Just so you know, on the first post with the maps where Nynnja's should be, it's the same link for the compilation Pathia made :O

Should be this one

http://files.filefront.com/ctf+cordiali ... einfo.html
Fenriswulfdemon

Postby NikkyVix » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:46 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Endeavour3d » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:28 pm

I would really like to get weekly or bi-monthly map tests setup so we don't have to play 50 maps when we finally do get a test night scheduled
Endeavour3d

Postby Nynnja » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:39 am

Nynnja

Postby Purplecat » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:58 am

As for ctf_bankjob, I'm going to look into the map later when one of the servers are empty and see if I can solve the crashing issue.

Probably not.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Jinx » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:54 pm

A lot of good maps this time around. I agree pretty much with the verdicts, with the exception of FB Subway which I would've loved to have seen be a regular map; it was hands down my favorite map out of the ones we were testing. I'm actually starting to like these "capture and take to the enemy base" type maps more than CTF maps because they don't seem to end in stalemates as often and have many more coordinated pushes for the intelligence, kind of like a more volatile / multi-direction payload map.

Quarry and Cranetop were okay (Cranetop's stage 2, last capture point where RED held out for quite a while was a blast), but they both feel like they could use a bit more tweaking. Trying to capture / defend the towers in cranetop seemed very awkward (especially given their height) and the black & white problem was quite annoying, making friend/foe identification impossible. Although it was fixable, people with not so good computers would get dropped on changing their graphics settings which would be especially bad when the server is full.

And how on earth did king of the train get enough votes to make it into the mapcycle? :lol: Hilariously fun and a great map to cool-down on. Stickying the track is kind of cheesy, but having even one person go to the other side and either remove the stickies or take out the demoman is just as easy.

Nynnja's map was also quite fun. The only things I'd recommend changing is adding an intel compass, making the alternate routes shorter with better directions (and possibly connect back to the main route in some fashion), and the bomb carts in BLU's capture point room gave me a massive FPS drop when I got close to them.
Jinx

Postby pablofiasco » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:31 pm

pablofiasco

Postby Purplecat » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:42 pm

Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby STrRedWolf » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:40 pm

I do have to apologize -- I was crashing out due to network issues. My ping was going up to 300 ms and that starts me clipping. I've switched my hardware around (punting the Verizon-provided Actiontec router behind a Tomato-bearing Linksys WRT54G router), activated Quality of Service, forced the laptop's traffic to high priority, and hopefully that'll alleviate things.
Steam on Linux Native: "PENGUIN TOUCH MY GUN!" "THAT PENGUIN IS A SPY!"
"This is going to be a real piece of piss, you bloody Steam Linux player!"
STrRedWolf

PreviousNext

Return to Server News Rules & Announcements