[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Map Trial Results!

Map Trial Results!

For TFP server admins to post news or information related to the game servers.

Postby Wulfie » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:50 pm

Wulfie

Postby Nynnja » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:05 pm

Well, I'm working on an update, thus far what I've done includes:

-The Intel tracker now works.
-The bombs in the Blu base changed to prop_detail to alleviate performance issues.
-More little details.
-More signs with better labeling.

To do:

-Hole from the street to the sewers.
-Make the sewers more interesting.
-Get more suggestions.

Also, I saw Makaze die like that, it made me all happy inside.
Nynnja

Postby Flyingbox » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:45 pm

There has to be a story about the dumbbell at the bottom of the pool.
I imagine that one day it will kill someone.
Flyingbox

Postby Nynnja » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:30 pm

Nynnja

Postby Arcalane » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 am

Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Tyakoto » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:00 pm

Dunno where else to put it, but I notice Nynnja has posted a few times here. I have an idea for the map, I don't know if it'd work, but a few people I've mentioned to seem to like it.

Seeing as you are trying to take the intel to the enemy base, there must be a good reason.... like it's a bomb! Maybe could have when you "capture" a case, put a nonmoving prop of a briefcase in one spot on the map, another in another spot for cap two, and then the third in the intel room.... and just like a payload map, have them explode after a short timer.

It makes sense in that each team is a front, and they're trying to eliminate their competition, and after all, your putting the bomb in their base this time around. A couple people thought it was a good idea, but I have no idea how hard it'd be.

TFP Groupchat:

Kitsuna: Maybe Nynnja can set it so when you 'cap' the intel
Kitsuna: It puts a prop of one in the base
Kitsuna: Once you get all three, the three props placed around the building go "Boom!"
[FOR] Arcalane: hahah
Kitsuna: Makes sense yes?
Av4tar: Yea.
Kitsuna: Your trying to put a bomb in their base
Av4tar: Kit.
Av4tar: That is a GREAT idea.
Tyakoto

Postby Makaze » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:18 pm

Makaze

Postby Nynnja » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:48 pm

Nynnja

Postby Taross » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:42 pm

Ok... um... I'm not the type to stop playing a game because I get too worked up over a game... In fact, I hardly ever get worked up over a game at all.

But can I get a re-vote on some of those maps I didn't get to see (or most of the people didn't get to see) because the actual testing was just too late for me to play them all?

I'd like to vote "Delete these immediately please" on:
- King of the Train
- Soccer

The first one just sucks so hard I can not describe it while staying civil. The second one just broke my game, plus it looks horrible.
Personally, I'd like to see if we can't move the times for the tests, or put the tests over more days, let more players get a vote. I've gotten the feeling that only the initial 24 or so that got on when it started got to pick anyway.
I specially dislike the first one on account of the FIRST thing I hear when starting it, a few people sprout up to say "This is the map where the spawncamping rule is lifted." If you can not play that map without, inevitably, spawncamping... That should be saying enough.
Taross

Postby DrJones » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:48 pm

I too, would like to have King of the train removed from rotation.

The soccer map is indeed buggy and shouldn't even be on the server imho.
-Jonesy
Steam: DrJones
Live: Bloobunni
FA and LJ: jonesybunny
DrJones

PreviousNext

Return to Server News Rules & Announcements