And the new MotD is up!

For TFP server admins to post news or information related to the game servers.

Postby Purplecat » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:40 pm

Made a diffrent thread, to differ between the finished "product" from the "concept".

This is how it should look like ingame, it's of the prettier version.
This is the prettier version that shows if you have IE 7.0 or higher (or is forcing TF2 to run another browser somehow, like with WINE :P).
This is the version that shows up if you have IE 6.0... this was a workaround I did NOT want to do. But at least it's readable.
I used following simple PHP code to choose the simple version if IE 6.0 is used.
Code: Select all
<?php
   if(strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], 'MSIE 6'))
      include 'motd60.html';
   else
      include 'motd.html';
?>

Thing is, I preferable want the stripped down version to look almost the same as the prettier version. And forcing people to upgrade to IE 7.0 is probably not preferable (it would make my life easier though). And Javascript can't be used on a MOTD page, or I already would have used a workaround I found. :/ If anyone have a suggestions to make it work in IE 6.0, it would be great. I have a hard time testing how stuff would appear in IE 6, as I no longer have it.

The main difference is that the stripped version don't use a transparent PNG (IE 6.0 have awful PNG support), and the background is single colored.

Thank you for helping us help you help us all.

Edit: Note that the server isn't changed yet to the PHP script, but I just need to bug Endeavour about it first.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Andrew » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:43 pm

Awesumsauce: 57 Varieties.
Andrew

Return to Server News Rules & Announcements