[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - The Furry Pound: New MotD

The Furry Pound: New MotD

For TFP server admins to post news or information related to the game servers.

Postby NikkyVix » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:50 am

Wayell, like I told Doom and Luca earlier, I had gotten a bit tired of seeing our generic MotD image for logging into the server. Seeing as I was feeling creative, I decided to whip up the draft for a replacement:

And the potential projection of how it might look if used:

If anything seems out of whack or off-balance, feel free to leave feedback about it. Is the tagline too silly? The color askew? The banner too large? Should we or should we not have a brief mp3 sample that plays upon entry into the server? Whatever comes to mind. The extra text will be entered with html, though as a result I have a feeling we won't have the nifty chalkboard background unless it's accepted as a background in the html file. I won't know for sure until I actually try to get this thing to work. This is just one of the ideas I have to spruce up our operation a bit..get us looking a bit more marketable. Special thanks to Witchiebunny for making our group insignia.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Purplecat » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:49 am

Apart from the font and text, this is pretty much similar to the mockup. It's from my own private test server, so it's real too. :P

Just showing that this MOTD is possible. :P

Sadly, the stylized scrollbar is not used on HTML MotD's. But use large enough resolution and it's not shown at all.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby FyreFlareon » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:29 pm

.. I just had to make a comment - looks great. But the only thing that wants to jump out of me is.. do you think the tail hanging off the "D" in Pound would look better hanging off the "Y" in Furry?
FyreFlareon

Postby RumRunner » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:30 pm

yeah the tail seems kind of out of place on the 'd'
Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby NikkyVix » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:54 pm

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby FyreFlareon » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:06 pm

Fair enough. Though if you wanted to tinker with it, you could try making it curved towards the right side. Start with "The Furry" as flat, and make "Pound" curve down on the right side. Could put the other words there too. I'm not sure how that will end up, but.. would be interesting to see.

Regardless, I'd definitely keep the tail on the "D" then not have it at all. It looks nice. =o
FyreFlareon

Postby Endeavour3d » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:44 pm

Nikky, this is so awesome, I can't imagine how long it took you to do this. It sure does put an exclamation point on the furry part of the server
Endeavour3d

Return to Server News Rules & Announcements