[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Spawncamping: The final word

Spawncamping: The final word

For TFP server admins to post news or information related to the game servers.

Postby Witchiebunny » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:27 pm

Witchiebunny

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:45 pm

Seems pretty simple to me. Don't be hanging around the enemy spawn unless it's the map start or if the map objective requires you to be there.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Arcalane » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:42 pm

As a little clarification, "traditional mapstart siege" means the initial assault/defense period on maps like dustbowl or goldrush right after the gates open.

What's okay;
Rushing the enemy setup area once or twice with ubers.

What's not okay;
Constantly hammering their spawn area with ubers and basically keeping them locked in/spawn camped.

I've seen nasty scenarios where RED held BLU back for nigh on ten minutes during the first cap of the last leg of dustbowl simply by spamming uber pyro attacks into their setup area. It was not pretty, and that's the kind of situation we'd like to avoid.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Tehrasha » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:13 pm

If I flame your butt as you come out the door, its because you got in the way of my killing/scouting your teleporter entrance. Guarantee that I will be gone once the teleporter is. Im certainly not going to stand there and not defend myself just because I am in close proximity of your front door. Whinging about 'spawn camping' in such a situation will be giggled at.
Everything I've learned in TF2, I've learned from watching Doom kick my ass!
Tehrasha

Postby Ayeaka » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:53 pm

My question now; what about spies using cloak and dagger with intent of keeping teles down? They may be killing the engineer, but a spy alone certainly can't box an entire team in spawn.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Marshtomp » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:07 pm

AND NO MORE OF THAT BULLSHIT WHERE YOU ARE LIKE... NOOO I WAS JUST WALKING BY THE SPAWN AND I SAW YOU SO I KILLED YOUR WHOLE TEAM TO ESCAPE..

Marshtomp

Postby Tehrasha » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:54 pm

Everything I've learned in TF2, I've learned from watching Doom kick my ass!
Tehrasha

Postby Leif » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:00 am

Leif

Postby miniskunk » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:24 am

I would say it would only if you fail to bug out after defending yourself.
miniskunk

Postby miniskunk » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:35 am

To me the concept of spawn camping is staying near the spawn area with intent to kill the moment someone leaves the door. This includes snipers or engies with sentries that can position themselves away from the spawn yet make kills on anyone exiting. I am qualifying exit to mean the point that no opposing team can cross or where there is one sole way to reach the battlefield. Covering all possible exits could be considered spawn camping as well, but best left to deciding when this happens. I have rarely seen a team able to do this with multiple exits.

Sending in a an ubered medic with another class to the spawn is never justified and clearly shows intent to spawn camp unless there is a sentry guarding a teleporter. Absent the sentry, it would be a clear violation of the fair play intended by a no camping rule.

Bravo on adding sniping from the protected area of the spawn as part of the definition! It is very cowardly to not present oneself for a fair kill like others classes need to do to win. This can also apply to other long range classes as well. Granted it is not impossible to kill a sniper in most of the spawns even with a pyro as the furthest back they can fire from is not beyond the reach of the flamethrower especially if they are not paying attention to their peripheral.
miniskunk

Next

Return to Server News Rules & Announcements