[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Spawncamping...

Spawncamping...

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Ayeaka » Thu May 21, 2009 4:51 am

A few people have asked me why I don't play here much anymore, or, why, when I do, I leave after only two maps or so.

I get rather tired of being consistantly spawncamped. Every. Single. Round.

I have no problem with being picked off once at spawn. If I happen to push to spawn I'll kill at spawn myself and move on, if I can.

When, however, I'm consistently killed, and then dominated, because the SAME pyro has been at our spawn door.
And I've spawned in the same room each time..

and he manages to remove half my health instantly as pyros have been doing lately, even with brief contact, BEFORE afterburn...

I get rather tired, rather quickly.

And usually? I deal with that same pyro ON. EVERY. MAP.

And if it's not a pyro? It's a demo stickying a door, hurling nades at or into spawn, or a soldier rocket-spamming at spawn.

Oh, and let's not forget the medic-heavy spawncamping pair that I see OH SO FREQUENTLY here.

Yet, if I say anything? I'm 'whining'. And should 'shut up and go something else'.

I'm sorry, but being forced to automatically go a heavy class, (or alternatively, go spy and cloak just to get out of my own spawn,) is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

I can understand situations like the beginning of a payload, when the cart is right at spawn, or if there are other exits. But when there's only one spawn door, the cart is nowhere near spawn, or, even better, you're on a capture the flag map, and are trapped inside your spawn.. it's just. ridiculous.

"Whining".

Yet naturally, if anyone ELSE speaks up, everyone just agrees with them.

That's the other reason. I'm not even listened to by my own team anymore. Sure, sure, everyone accidentally fucks over a teammate now and then. It's unavoidable. It'd be nice if someone would listen, however, on the FOURTH TIME, when I tell them there's a sentry, let me sap it before you run around the corner and get us both rocketed, then yell at me for NOT telling them, only to listen when another person uses the exact same words I did.

And let's not forget when I get yelled at by my teammates for REFUSING to spawncamp. I was pushng up to spawn as a pyro, and was actually yelled at by a medic healing me when I didn't sit and camp.
No, I'm not joking. I don't remember who it was--nor do I care anymore. It's just gotten to be absolutely fucking ridiculous. Is camping allowed now, or isn't it?
Last I checked, it wasn't. If it is now, then fine. I'll cease complaining. If it isn't? Perhaps something should be said in the MotD, mm?
Not that anyone would read it.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Mr. Munchlax » Thu May 21, 2009 6:01 am

TBH, I haven't really noticed this, but I've mostly only been playing in server 5 with friends lately so maybe that's why. And yeah, consistant spawncamping pisses me off. One or two kills at the spawn is fine, but after that it's time to fall back.
Who do you think you are? Bleeding Action Man?!
Mr. Munchlax

Postby Makaze » Fri May 22, 2009 3:21 pm

Sadly she's right on that, pubs and regulars have been doing it...among other unsportmanlike things(I'm guilty sometimes due to RAAAAAAAAAGE and being tired of certain people's shit talk) but when it's becoming more stressful to be with folks here than fun. I can see why she's upset. Especially with what seems to be a horrid divide on just what is spawn camping by some of our regulars, high mucky mucks etc.

Makaze

Postby Ayeaka » Fri May 22, 2009 3:37 pm

There are, additionally, newer players running around screaming about being regs and how it's 'always been allowed'.

They then proceed to have half their team democamp the doors with stickies so that no one can get out.
Frau Chimäre~
Ayeaka

Postby Jinx » Fri May 22, 2009 3:58 pm

When are you playing? Because I've never seen that happen on that scale as of late. The past few times that I've seen spawn camping happen the person either did like a drive-by or after making a couple kills was killed themselves shortly thereafter. As for people claiming it's always been allowed, well... the MOTD speaks for itself.
Jinx

Postby Makaze » Sat May 23, 2009 12:25 am

Makaze

Postby Pathia » Sat May 23, 2009 12:47 am

Well now that it's out here, poke a mod or an admin, or something, someone's usually around, they may not be in game, but they're probably online. Or at least poke some others of us that frequent the forums, we can't do anything, but we can witness it if it happens.
Pathia

Postby NikkyVix » Sat May 23, 2009 2:22 am

Then you must be tired of TF2 in general.

People spawncamp EVERYWHERE. It's not just on TFP. At least we try to do something about it when we see it happening. I play on TFP servers far more than you, Frau, and I must say that your opinion of how often it happens is somewhat exaggerated. No offense meant at all, as you're quite personable a person...but there has always been a thin line between a genuine complaint about spawncamping, and crying wolf over a misunderstanding of perspective.

I'm sorry if you feel that your limbs will be liberated from your body every instance you step beyond those gunmetal garage doors, but really, beyond notifying us about it, there is nothing more we can do but try to encourage people not to do it. And frankly, this entire discussion has existed BEFORE we were even a community. It's old. It's tired. And I'm kind of sick of people bringing it back up, personally. Like hackers, lag, and awkward updates, spawncamping is NOT going to go away. Deal with that fact, and help US to deal with it when it happens.

This is a message for EVERYONE who is concerned about this issue: If you see someone spawncamping the door of one's respawn, haunting the area (NOT running past, NOT flinging an errant pineapple in its direction and bolting the other way, but genuinely haunting the door area with intent to murder frequently, OR firing into the door every time it opens and stifling one's ability to leave their room safely), then call the cops: Moderators and Administrators. Or kill the fucker yourself. You are not sheep; you have weapons like they do. Wound them enough that they leave.

Understand that the make-up of some maps push an objective right up to a spawn door. Just because you have munitions going off at the door in these cases does not immediately mean that camping is taking place. Practice judgement..practice observation..and put yourself in the other team's shoes when evaluating, before crying victim. I seriously hope this doesn't do like Doom's old thread did and become some multi-page monstrosity about people chiming in with their opinions on what is or is not spawncamping. To anyone tempted to do so, ask yourself: Don't I have better things to do? This debate will not die regardless of what anyone says.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Ayeaka » Sat May 23, 2009 5:06 am

Frau Chimäre~
Ayeaka

Postby Pathia » Sat May 23, 2009 5:29 pm

Pathia

Next

Return to Rants & Raves