[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Teamstacking rearing it's head again.....

Teamstacking rearing it's head again.....

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Marshtomp » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:13 am

Marshtomp

Postby Ayeaka » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:16 am

Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Marshtomp » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:25 am

Marshtomp

Postby iller » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:19 pm

iller

Postby Jinx » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:41 pm

Hey iller! We recently lowered the percentage of players necessary for STT to occur to 45% since players have a tendency not to vote at all. In a 13 player match this would need 5.85 -> 5 stt votes to cause a scramble. For the moment it still resets scores / time, but we're working on tweaking that. And I think we chose to use a vote system because sometimes a team needs to lose, like if they have 3+ snipers/spies/engineers :P
Jinx

Postby Ayeaka » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:04 am

Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Pathia » Tue May 05, 2009 6:53 pm

*warning, emo post*

Look, please use the tools you are given. I'm basically on the verge of just quitting TF2 entirely, because no matter what I do, someone complains about something, one way or another, unless the teams are at a complete deadlock for 30minutes, people seem to get pissed off about something.

I just f'ing want to play with my friends, that's it. I know that sounds emo lulz I'm quitting forever la la la, but it's not, I just have other sh*t I can do with the same people without this problem (IE: L4D) We've got to find a happy balance somewhere. Any suggestions?
Pathia

Postby iller » Tue May 05, 2009 10:29 pm

Huh? What prompted this? Just curious cuz it sounds like an incident that was isolated to in-game. (sorry but I was on FPSbanana last night instead and probably missed whatever it was)

That said, people still aren't using STT because it resets the entire match. ..which leads to more drama... But Maybe once that's fixed, everyone will go back to bitching about their own team's tactics instead of being able to blame it on team stacking, rage-quitting, and autobalancing.

(auto balancing is worse than a bad-roll from STT'ing because it only moves-over people who recently died, which is almost always the few "bad" players from the "winning team")
iller

Postby Doom » Wed May 06, 2009 10:15 pm

To put things in perspective, there was once again complaints of stacking on Mach4. I informed everyone of STT, so did a few other players. People on my own team even did the command; but the there wasn't enough votes combined to pass it.

Then a public player, one whom I've never seen, said something along the lines of "Real men accept when they're losing and give it their all anyways."
Needless to say, that one line nailed him a spot right on my friends list, and I can't wait to get to know him more.
Doom

Postby Makaze » Thu May 07, 2009 1:32 am

Makaze

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Raves