[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Wtf Nvidia?

Wtf Nvidia?

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Helios » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:06 am

So I was on the servers today, minding my own business, daily fragging on TF2 and all, when my system hung up.

I rebooted, and I got a message saying that my display drivers had basically died, and my display was all fraked up.

Tried installing new drivers, system restore, all that jazz, nothing. So my PC is out of action until I can get a fix here.
I do not pray for an easy life. I pray to be a stronger bird.
Helios

Postby Fangz » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:28 am

That sucks. I wish I could help somehow, but I don't understand Nvidia's programming.
Fangz

Postby Helios » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:22 pm

Well it looks like my card officially bit the dust, so PC isn't busted per say, but I won't be able to do much until I get a new card, so I will be out for a while.

...RIP thou good and faithful servant ;v;
I do not pray for an easy life. I pray to be a stronger bird.
Helios

Postby Fenriswulfdemon » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:24 pm

Nvidia's cards have been failing all over the place, ever since that xps incident their quality has dropped significantly. Pretty much the entire 8000 series is crap now. Shame. I wanted to get another 8600(reliable and REALLY cheap) for backup, pulled the line off newegg though. All recent models have issues. And the drivers...ick...I've had to rollback to the one from 07 to get it working right again.
Fenriswulfdemon

Postby Purplecat » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:33 am

I have a 7900 GTX card.

The weird rare problems I get with it is still too much for me. I'm getting an ATI card next.

What is this oligarchy within the graphics card business? At least amongst the higher perfoming cards...
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby RollingEye » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:37 pm

My 8800GT was having a bit of trouble with Spore, UT3, and Morrowind, but after the driver update it started workin fine. Up to that point though....
Oh crap, is it coward-killing time already?
--
Disclaimer: The views presented by this Rolly are not always serious. Use common sense/brain when reading.
RollingEye

Postby Elrabin » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:41 pm

Elrabin

Postby Angry_Squirrel » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:59 pm

I would get endlessly frustrated with my inability to play at full performance in TF2 as my laptop should be able to, yet I was having to turn almost everything else off just to get a good 30-40 FPS. (Anything lower than 30 and that's into the territory of unplayable... although I have, on occasion, struggled through lag spikes that jacked my ping up and flushed my fps down the toilet with a backstab here or there... thanks for not movin, heavy! ;)

Then I realized that SLI wasn't enabled. Silly me, I had been trying to run TF2 on only half of my graphics capabilities! XD Granted at first it was annoying that TF2 loaded black, but some beta driver download from their site for laptops helped fix things right up. (I should try disabling multi-core support and see how that goes...)

I know I've had the graphics driver crash before on my when I played too long, though that was usually through overheating of my laptop. (Thank GOD this time it has that second card to kick in and save things - otherwise I would've gone down the path of my previous Inspiron, which ended up getting extremely bugged out after one particularly bad crash. It ended up haunting that laptop until I got fed up with Dell's tech support and just asked them to send me a new laptop alltogether, since I was under warranty, and in exchange I wound up with this XPS beauty. XD I do miss the more centralized touchpad of the Inspiron however, with the XPS's pad my left hand encroaches on it from time to time and I'll end up looking the wrong way at the wrong time, and the result usually is dying...)

*ahem* uh, well... <_< sorry for going off topic there ^^;
Angry_Squirrel

Return to Rants & Raves