[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - I'm a homophobe?

I'm a homophobe?

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Dusty » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:20 pm

Next Saturday I'm leaving for a 5 day trip to washington DC for APUS right? So our teacher has a room assignment list up for the hotels. Me and 3 of my buddies sign up for the same room, and it all seems just fine until I realize its 2 beds for 4 guys. I'm not a homophobe otherwise I wouldn't be posting on this forum or play on the server but I feel uncomfortable sleeping in the same bed as one of my friends. I brought this point up with my teacher only to have him yell in front of the whole class that i was a homophobic close minded person that couldn't handle anything outside of my limited scope of existence.....

Seriously WHAT. THE. FUCK?
Dusty

Postby pablofiasco » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:22 pm

take it to whoever his supervisior/higher up is,
that kind of response is uncalled for, and could even be described as harrasment or discrimination on its own
pablofiasco

Postby Taggerung » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:57 am

The past is the past
Move past it, make reforms, make a brighter future :3
Taggerung

Postby Purplecat » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:39 am

Being uncomfortable to sleep with someone doesn't have anything to do with sexuality.

...you could always joked that you're actually bisexual or something, that is what I would done in your situation. >_>;;
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Endeavour3d » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:04 am

Endeavour3d

Postby Dusty » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:08 pm

Highschool. The problem is I like the teacher in every other respect (funny, good at teaching, willing to compromise most of the time) but I really don't like the way he did this. I'm going to talk to him about it after class becuase I really don't want to sour my class or trip over it.

I'm taking a sleeping bag and I'm going to sleep above the covers, no telling whats been on the hotel floor :-/
Dusty

Postby Fangz » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:21 am

If you feel strong about the subject, you could buy a inflatable mattress. Also you are NOT a homophobe.
Fangz

Postby Witchiebunny » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:30 am

Talk to the teacher, let him know exactly how you feel.

If he doesn't apologize or anything after that, take it to the Principal. That is *not* cool.
Witchiebunny

Postby Reppy <3 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:58 am

I know this is an old post, but the matter still applies to everyday life. No hun, you're not a homophobe. It's these extreme natures that some people have which intensify the negative attitude towards gays . The same thing is seen in the black community, with people dropping the term "racist" like a comma.

XOXO
Reppy <3
Reppy <3

Return to Rants & Raves