EU server

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby RumRunner » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:02 pm

ok correct me if i am wrong but isn't the EU server there primarily so that things such as training, screwing around, and getting achievements can be done? so that serious playing takes a backseat to these actions and tasks?

this being true doesn't it seem logical that someone spamming the mic button and saying "do not shoot me i am not hostile." constantly and saying "i am just going for an achievement." should be left alone and left to get the achievement instead of being killed every 5 seconds by some random "accidental" cause? especially where the previous round the defense helped the offense get achievements... i mean it is only fucking common courtesy. if someone or another team willingly helps you get an achievement you help them as best as you can to get one as well.

or has the idea of courtesy been lost in the community causing it to rapidly devolve into an environment as irritating and non-fun friendly as cc2's? to be honest if i could go back to cc2's i would probably get more help and cooperation from the people on those servers than i got from the usual group of people i play with on the FOR servers. i personally find this fact disgusting and disturbing. we left cc2's b/c we were not having fun and now it has gone back to the standard cc2 environment. honestly people WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?
Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby Mirri » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:18 pm

Not to mention people screaming over one-another, spamming stupid shit over voice chat, people playing favorites and stacking teams...people ignoring others just to turn around and chill out with their "real buddies", to the point of it feeling a bit clique-ish. the list goes on :\
I honestly thought people here would be better than the tards on CC2. More considerate of one-another and the feelings of others, helpful, caring about each-other. But sometimes, I just don't feel it.

EDIT: I'm not naming names. This is about the community as a whole. If you are offended by this then maybe you have some personal decisions to take under consideration.
Mirri

Postby Arcalane » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:24 am

It was all a little hectic and unstructured and things calmed down a bit once we actually got to achievement-grinding proper. Also, I strongly recommend you actually read the achievement descriptions, Rum, as Permanent Revolution is "kill five enemies without spinning down your gun". Not "go from one end of the map to the other without spinning down your gun" as I recall you were claiming. :lol:

Also, I can name two achievements you can get fairly easily without bots, or people; Pushkin the Cart (just go two rounds on pl_goldrush as offense and you WILL get it, trust me) and Vanguard Party (just load up any cp map and charge for the CP, ease as that).

Heavy Industry is also fairly easy to get; just stand by one of the spawnroom lockers, open up your console, type "+attack" and wait until you get the achievement. I forget the exact time, but I think it's around a minute or so of firing. Just keep going 'til you get it. Figures Valve would change the time from Meet The Heavy to throw people off. Either that or my memory is really bad.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Postby Dark Lucario » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:26 am

Yeah, I have to agree with the both of them on this.
Dark Lucario

Postby RumRunner » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:31 am

ah oops i think i got that achievement confused with one of the mock ones... my bad.
Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby Arcalane » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:38 am

Yeah. Similar icon. Fakechievement name "Zzz".

It's from here.
Arcalane
Huzzah!

Return to Rants & Raves