Annoying Neighbors

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Purplecat » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:47 pm

Right now, a neighbor of mine is ignoring the fact that you aren't allowed to smoke in your apartments here.

And the smell of cigarette smoke can right now be felt in my apartment.

Guess who doesn't like the smell?

Had to close the window on the side the smell originated from, and opened the other. No we don't have any balconies, so the guy is smoking indoors. And I swear some of the smell is coming from the ventilation system too.

Gotta love that both neighbors who live on either side of me likes to play music... really loudly. :V
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Doom » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:53 pm

In Houston we had a hooligan next door; calling the cops on him a few times shut his fat-ass up, though. Here, in Mississippi; we live in a upper-class district and we only really have old-people for neighbors. :u
Doom

Postby Witchiebunny » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:34 pm

Last night we had one tenant and their friends in the pool (i.e, 20 feet from our apartment) whooping and hollering and splashing around until at LEAST 11:00 pm, when is when I last remember looking at the clock angrily.

Those who talk to me on a regular basis know that my day begins at 3:30 AM.

I was not pleased. I'm actually in the process of writing up a little letter to the office to complain-at THEIR request. Seems I wasn't the only one displeased and the tenant in question will likely be losing their apartment shortly.
Witchiebunny

Postby Wulfie » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:25 pm

The dog next door barks at anything that moves practically, when he's by himself.

At 5 AM, which is my usual bed time after being Doom-stickeyed to death, if I so much as open a door in my own house, that dog starts off barking. Now I love dogs, flippin' adore them, but if they don't flippin' shut up when people are trying to sleep (namely my parents, and any neighbours within a 3 block radius), then..
Wulfie

Postby Endeavour3d » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:07 pm

At my old condo, I had the whole basement to myself and being that the rooms were on the second floor I assumed I would be safe from annoying anyone or anyone annoying me. This remained true for a few years until two girls moved in next door, after that I started hearing moans every night for hours, the worst part was that they were doing it right next to my bed, as well as thumping against the wall when things got really heavy. Besides smoking really heavily and making the whole house stink, they also were total slobs to the point where WE started getting roaches. It didn't help the roaches would congregate in the basement where I lived, I would frequently wake up with roaches in my bed, a few times chewing on my ears. Also the girls would have these really bad fights, screaming and beating each other up, they would throw each other against the walls making shit fall off and knocking a shelf off our wall a few times.

All would've been forgiven if they had been cute or hot looking, but oh no, they had to be these really big and really ugly white trashy girls :/ They also had typical white trash boyfriends, total losers that would make tons of fucking noise, either talking really loud or blaring their garbage music at all hours. Besides fucking their girls next to my head at night, they also smoked the worst weed I've ever smelled, they would smoke it inside and out, it was like a mixture of weed with woodchips and burning leaves, it must've been the cheapest shit they could buy because it sure smelled like it. Luckily we moved out about a year later, god that neighborhood when to shit after we left.
Endeavour3d

Postby Fenriswulfdemon » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:47 pm

Our next door neighbor parks in front of our house with his huge truck dead-center so no one else can, mows the lawn(WHICH IS HUGE) every saturday right at 7(legal time), and goes on drunk tirades every few days. Just last month at his daughter's grad party, he was shouting at the top of his lungs about his viagara use, then badgered his wife for sex til we called the cops on him. He put up a privacy fence a few years back around our area, then complains regularly that our fence is breaking it, pushing too close. Also put a ladder to our house, and tried to cover our vents cause there was a bird nest in there, and he apparently couldn't stand the chirping. x.x
Fenriswulfdemon

Postby Purplecat » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:04 pm

So yeah, got this e-mail yesterday.

Thankfully, I won't be even part of the blame as my apartment is one of those that don't share any common area with other people. And it seems like i'm not the only one who been annoyed at people smoking indoors here...

...and yes, the e-mail was typed in typical Swenglish. xD

Doom: Here's it's mostly foreign students. Strangely, despite the loud music at night and that the chinese seems to be really bad at cleaning and cooking (fire department have came more than once here), it's been calm around here in terms of violence.

Fenris: I hate that kind of guy.

Endeavour3D... I'm really thankful that roaches are really rare in Sweden. They exist here, but rarely as a pest insect. :/
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby RumRunner » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:49 pm

hmmm i don't really have much to complain about as far as bad neighbors go... except for the incredibly annoying red necks... but then that accounts for at least 75% of the town i live in... and the other 25% are overly religious douchefags. (myself not included in those percentages of course. i don't like living here and i don't choose to live here so thus i do not count myself as part of the population here.)
Don't worry! There will be strippers at your funeral!
RumRunner

Postby Cpt. Nuke » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:33 am

Our neighbors keep their cat out constantly. It must be at least twelve years old, but they still leave it outside in FUCKING ELECTRICAL STORMS.

It falls asleep under my parents' SUV sometimes. Either that or it craps in our garden.

They also have a very annoying boxer which they let outside whenever one of my family comes home. Too bad they let it in before 11:00 so no one can file a report to the police.
Cpt. Nuke

Postby Spotty Hyena » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:50 am

Havn't really had ANY complaints with the neighbours. Thing is though, they can sue us at ANY time, because our dog frequently goes over and eats some of their chickens.

I just thank GOD they're farmers, and don't give a shit about it.
Spotty Hyena

Next

Return to Rants & Raves