[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Once again, with FEELING

Once again, with FEELING

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Witchiebunny » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:53 pm

Spawn Rushing != Spawn Camping.

Even repeated Spawn Rushing != Spawn Camping.

And when I come into game, and get told by a fellow admin to "Set a good example" because we're RUSHING Spawn, and being told that I'm Spawn Camping...

Yes. I tend to ragequit.

It also increases the time between my ragequit and when ANY of you will ever fucking see me on during peak times ever again.

I'll keep all my gaming to 3 am, when there's less people and I can actually have fun, instead of being bitched at, kthx.
Witchiebunny

Postby Ayeaka » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:52 am

Dear god, do I know the feeling.

I was accused of spawncamping a while back.

...as a spy.

I was going for teleporters, got caught by a pyro, and managed to backstab him near his spawn, before fleeing.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby A.M.Zinthos! » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:58 am

Whats all this spawn camping thing its really annoying me now. I got accused of spawn camping because I headshot an engy coming out of the spawn trying to hit a sniper who was sniping beside his spawn door... I'm sorry but I'm not gonna leave a sniper alone just because he decided to stand beside the spawn doors (pl_crane) among other things people do that are spawn related... Its really annoying trying to take out people that do nothing but stand at spawn and get accused of spawn camping and when its your turn to defend some asshole spams stickies at the spawn door and no one even bother complaining they just ragequit :/
A.M.Zinthos!

Postby Fenriswulfdemon » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:24 pm

Fenriswulfdemon

Postby pablofiasco » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:20 pm

ive been accused of spawncamping on...a few occasions,
but for the most part i ignore them
95% of the times its when, as a pyro, ive rushed the spawndoor becuase either A) snipers shooting from in front of or IN the spawndoor, or, B) teleporters

easiest way i think to partially fix it, is on maps with spawns like dustbowl, or goldrush, that seem to encourage "spawn snipers", give them NORMAL spawndoors like on other maps, that open and close, would help "a little"

other then that, there will always be whiners, just ignore them like i do
pablofiasco

Postby Makaze » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:36 pm

Makaze

Postby JimmyChopblock » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:53 pm

I enjoy getting told that I'm spawn camping when I'm going for the Intel on 2 fort and kill someone on my way in. The spawn is right next to the damn entrance. My conclusion is that people are fucktarded.
JimmyChopblock

Postby EuroVen » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:26 pm

For one part Witchie, only reason why it "felt" like spawncamping was the fact, "Ok, let's go outside, and died by the uber'd pyro." Waiting for the respawn timer, come out for yet ANOTHER uber'd pyro. I was wondering if it will happen a third time, I'm glad it didn't, and the fact I can't see what is happening outside the spawn, unless a teammate is out there near it. So, I had to take "Spawncamp," since I saw no teammate near the bottom floor.
EuroVen

Return to Rants & Raves