[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - Nikky's Q and A: Clench Time Capturing..

Nikky's Q and A: Clench Time Capturing..

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby NikkyVix » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:41 pm

I am an Engineer | Sniper | Medic. When the round's about to end, do I have to leave my position of relative safety and help the grunts capture/defend?

You're fuckin'-A right, you do. Especially you Engineers that sit behind the lines, whacking at your buildings with 20 seconds to go while your team tries desperately to win the round. Your buildings ain't as important as helping your team in a clench. You made those buildings so that you could help your team win. Get out there and provide some cover fire, frustrate some Snipers with pistol shots, draw some attention if you must.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Makaze » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:40 pm

Makaze

Postby Purplecat » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:52 pm

This actually reminds me alot about my other thread, and for a good reason... they're both about fulfilling the objective of the map!

Why is it so common with people having the wrong approach to this game, and play it like pure team deatchmatch?
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby NikkyVix » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:53 am

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Dravu » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:51 am

I hate this too. Often when we only have about 30sec left, I'll yell at everyone through my mic that this is our final rush. Engies, snipers, EVERYONE; I don't care who the hell you are, get the fuck out there and rush the point. Your sentries aren't going to matter if we lose and go into humiliation time. Though the main exception is if it's just going to be suicide (them having 5 sentries on the last point and us not having any alive medics being an example from a few days ago), then I just tell everyone to rush or find a hiding spot.
Spyro is pie!
Dravu

Postby Ayeaka » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:44 pm

This reminds me of a few days ago in Arena, also.

There was one heavy left on the enemy team; one engineer left on ours.

This heavy HAD to have been nearly dead. He'd eaten a few rounds of scattershot at mid range, and some blutsauger fire, before getting a lucky string of crits.

Since he wasn't being attacked, he'd waddled his way to the point.

SO we all watch from spectate, as our engineer, who could have EASILY finished this guy off with one or two shotgun shots.. chose to just sit..halfway across the map.
...hiding.
Just hiding.
Swinging his wrench at nothing.

AND yet, he had the nerve to brag about 'still being alive', after.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby NikkyVix » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:22 am

NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Ayeaka » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:00 am

Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Return to Rants & Raves