Coward, stand on point

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Purplecat » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:53 pm

Death in TF2 is not permanent. I hate running towards a point, and see a teammate standing next to it while defending... and not on it, letting the enemy team capture it.

Usually this happens when I know that my team will most likely would be able to keep defending the point too. Even worse is when the teammate is as safe on the control point as outside of it, which dsfsafasdfdsf doesn't make sense...
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Ayeaka » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:56 pm

I've had similar happen. It's great.
Point's being captured/cart's about to get to the end/etc

..people just stand there.

And.. the best part?

Usually, when I'm forced to run and defend, because no one else will?

I'm playing either spy, or medic.
..hoping DESPERATELY that a teammate will have the sense to join me.

Usually spy, I've noticed.

Yet people just keep shooting at the point, and don't understand why it's suddenly capped when I inevitably die because I'm a low health class. D:
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Dravu » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:45 am

It usually depends on the circumstances for me. If it's the last point or something, then hell yeah, I'll jump on it regardless of what's going on. But if it's just one of the middle points then it really depends on the class I'm playing, how many poeple are on it, etc. If I'm demo or sniper or engy (unless I haven't started work on a sentry or something), I like to keep a slight distance. It's too often though that I see one little scout or something on the point and my team-mates are sniping at it and shooting at it from a distance. Just melee the fucker if you need to. It's just one person. D=
Spyro is pie!
Dravu

Postby Dusty » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:30 pm

I remember once I was playing goldrush and the enemy team was about to cap the 1-2 point. I was the only one to jump in front and stop it even though I was a spy :(

I think some people are diehard Counter Strike players who feel like they get only one life. Granted the respawn timer can be a bit of a nusance but its designed to be. If one person tries to stop the cart they will most likely die but if the team does your chances of survival are great improved. Unless your a spy :(
Dusty

Postby Taross » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:22 am

Or when, say, over half your team is respawning.
I often hear the excuse 'But I was alone!'... Even if you're alone, those few precious seconds that you're blocking capture is giving the rest of your team time to respawn :/

Oh, and another one... Touching the bomb-cart. TOUCH IT! Stop it! Don't shoot it from a distance when it's almost at the point.

These are the moments my roommate gives me a poke because I am almost shouting in my headset to be louder than the micspam and stupid little music numbers that people continually play.
Taross

Postby Ayeaka » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:26 pm

I think a very good reason to get on the friggin' point, is STILL what I managed to do that one time as Spy.

I mean, c'mon, backstabbing four people, one going for point, three on it, with only HALF your health, and living.. xD;

(Granted I still ran like hell, for health, the instant one of our heavies respawned and waddled his way onto the point.)
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Dakk » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:22 pm

Lol, You know when you say that death isn't permanent in video games.. I take that and I morph it into a huge irritating, loving, laugh stealing, team killing, Molotiv jumping, m16 shooting, sticky rocket bomb jumping, Witch Slapping, insane. Epic... wtf was I going to type.. Shit -_-',

OH I REMEMBER NOW!!
Ask Trenton what I did last time we played L4D, WHICH I'M STILL SORRY FOR! Because he won't play with me anymore :cry:

Either way, I have yet to go through an intire game of L4D without killing myself in some way shape or form.
Dakk

Postby rednec0 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:18 pm

Just had that happen to me a few minutes ago. I called-out my entire team for being chicken-shits. Wanna know the kind of thanks I get? I end-up being mocked at on both sides (which in turn resulted in a rage-quit).
rednec0

Postby Stormcaller3801 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:35 pm

And there's always that fun corollary, when I've mentioned in the help section:

If you are Uber'd, you do not need to hide/run away. It's called invincibility for a reason. There's very little in this game more flabbergasting than watching an Uber'd Pyro turn and run away from an un-Uber'd Pyro.

That, and there's the regular occurrence where people yell "Charge the Point!" or "Everyone on the cart!" and I end up doing a very low-budget re-enactment of the Charge of the Light Brigade. Although I think it's a pretty solid performance given I lack a horse and I'm inevitably a one man brigade.
Stormcaller3801

Postby Sekh765 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:52 pm

AHHHHHH! ZOMBIE THREAD! KILL IT! KILL IT!

*hits with baseball bat repeatedly*
Your friendly local Buffett-Bird spy. ^_^
My spy video!
Sekh765

Next

Return to Rants & Raves