[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - When do you earn the right to Gloat

When do you earn the right to Gloat

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Ayeaka » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:00 pm

Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Werevixen » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:45 pm

Same with the frustration bit, I'll only gloat, say, after breaking out of a steamrolling trend and winning the game somehow (after losing like, five times), or for the purpose of taunting, like calling someone out to a melee battle.
~Retjzkai the intersex dracorat~
Werevixen

Postby Dakk » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:53 pm

Points and times where one might earn the right to gloat...

--When a single medic takes on 2 soldiers another medic and a heavy, by himself and takes out 1 of the soldiers, the medic and took down half of the heavys health.***
--When you are a sniper who actually has the balls to jump on the point while 2 medics, a heavy, demo, and 3 pyros rush and actually hold them off for more then 2 seconds by yourself.***
--When you completely own someone who just bitches about how you are cheating via, Headshot where the stuck their head out before they got to duck, or burning a Spy that bumped into you.***

Points and times where one might not want to gloat...

--When the opposite team lost 3 games in a row and everyone on the team has atleast 20 points, and their scoreboard has like.. 6*** (This leads to people getting pissed and leaving)
--When your team has brilliant players like NikkyVix or Doom or Adriana and you just steamrolled the opposite team 4 times in a row**
--Every time you get a headshot or a kill..** For example, it pissed me off whenever some ass from a clan that was like Yugi something, everytime he killed me he would say "YUGI-OWNED" in text, Christ that pissed me off :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Side note: Taunts are not gloating, you get a headshot and you wave, It is a taunt, not rubbing it in a persons face. If said person gets pissed at it, they can get over it and kill you.

Irritating moments:
When someone says their intire team sucks whenever they are lower then in the top 5 on the score board.
When someone says their intire team sucks whenever they have 100 points because they have been on the server for 3 hours.

I, Can say that I gloat at times when it probably isn't the best idea. But if you can keep your mouth shut whenever a crit rocket takes out a group of 4 after 2 reg rockets... Well my friend you are a saint.

Though I agree with Nikky when it comes to kids getting all riled up over the fact that they won a video game, when they talk like "AHHAA FUCKING BLU TEAM FUCKING SUCKS, GTFO NOOBS! I'LL RAPE YOU!" It means that they are just some hormone filled whipersnaper that is going to die young because he gets over excited that he managed to press a bunch of buttons in the right order. They should be ignored and forgotten about...
Dakk

Postby Echoen » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:34 pm

I gloat when I'm proud of something, or when something amazing or awesome happens.

Like, an ubered heavy on Hoodoo gets stunned, so I airblast him into the mouth of the cart, uber wears off, he gets eaten.

I'm sure you've all heard me suddenly (and probably loudly) start explaining something awesome that I saw/did. I wonder if anyone likes that or hates that.
Echoen

Postby Doom » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:28 pm

Doom

Postby Makaze » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:51 pm

Makaze

Postby Taggerung » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:57 pm

People have started to develop the need to type "We Won" or "You Lose" when there are 5 seconds left in the game
It does not make you sound cool or boost your ego either, it just makes you sound like a douchebag and its really annoying >:|
The past is the past
Move past it, make reforms, make a brighter future :3
Taggerung

Postby Wulfie » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:13 pm

Wulfie

Postby Purplecat » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:00 pm

I might make one quick snide remark if something with the other team annoyed me (sometimes people who make snide remarks themself in the first place), but otherwise I congratulate my own team. Especially if we been cooperating and been actually fighting through the match.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Pathia » Fri May 15, 2009 7:29 am

I don't really gloat, I just giggle and start making innuendo instead, but that's just me <.< >.> Some mild taunting is always going to occur and Niko's right, those that habitually or 'overdo' that sort of behavior are compensating for something else. Just ignore it :)

However if someone's gloating is bugging you so much, it may very well just be time for a break! That's what I do, I go play another game, or take a walk, get the frustration/anger out of my system. I've found if I try to force myself past someone tearing me apart that badly, I just end up sucking even MORE and staying dominated/losing even longer, so I tend to cut my losses.

Not saying it's the right thing for everyone, just my personal 2cents :)

Ack, and I necro again! I saw 'm' and though May, but it was March XD
Pathia

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Raves