[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFING L4D

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFING L4D

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Witchiebunny » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:47 pm

Here's a fucking hint people: If you were unable to get into a full versus game and suddenly a spot opens up CHANCES FUCKING ARE THAT YOU ARE TAKING SOMEONE'S SPOT. DO NOT FUCKING ENTER UNTIL YOU CAN CONFIRM THE PERSON IN QUESTION IS NOT RETURNING.

Because the next fucking time someone takes my goddamn spot because the fucking server was too fucking unstable and dropped me I will KILL SOMETHING CUTE. I am SICK AND TIRED of being kicked out of a game by an unstable server only to try to IMMEDIATELY rejoin and be told the server's fucking full! STOP TAKING MY FUCKING SPOT ASSHOLES!
Witchiebunny

Postby NikkyVix » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:05 pm

Amen.

Show some consideration: Don't snipe someone's slot. L4D is a more intimate affair than Team Fortress 2 due to the small number of player slots, and chances are, if you suddenly see an opening in a game that was full a moment ago, you are looking at the slot of someone who was disconnected by L4D's currently wonky connectivity issues and desperately trying to get back to play with their friends.

And furthermore: Don't get huffy if the people in the game you join tell you that your slot is reserved for someone(s) else. Until Valve wises up to the notion of reserved slots and slot holding, people will have to hold slots for their friends by word of mouth.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Purplecat » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:07 pm

Ragequitting in VS L4D is common (I easily had games that had over 20 different people thanks to it), and people tend to assume that a open slot in a VS game probably won't get retaken by it's original owner so to say.

In this case, it might been mine fault and I'm sorry for it... but none pointed it out to me until it was too late, or I would had left the game. :/
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby A.M.Zinthos! » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:26 pm

A.M.Zinthos!

Postby Witchiebunny » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:20 pm

Witchiebunny

Postby A.M.Zinthos! » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:50 pm

A.M.Zinthos!

Postby Pathia » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:28 pm

Something tangentially related. What do you do when it's habitual crashing or disconnecting? I've had instances when I kept crashing, or couldn't stay connected to the server.

How many times would be polite to keep retrying (Remember it freezes up the bot that's playing as you, so it destroys game pace) before giving up? I'm pretty sure I've ruined the endgame a few times due to this.
Pathia

Postby Makaze » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:32 pm

So there's no password system, like with TF2?

Makaze

Postby Taross » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:32 pm

And it seems that the update to the lobby/server systems that they did try messed up the TF2 one now too...
Taross

Postby Purplecat » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:25 pm

?

Apart from the optional quicklist update, they hadn't really changed how it works in TF2 much.

The idea with quicklist was probably to make the server list look less daunting for beginners.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Return to Rants & Raves