King of the Train.

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Purplecat » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:20 pm

Indeed, if a few people start asking for it, I will start an mapvote to King of the Train on request.

Same goes for any map that is, or isn't on the mapcycle.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Dravu » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:48 am

Every time I've played it, spawncamping occurred. The last time however, I put a sentry up in front of our spawn. It got destroyed twice, but overall, I got 43 kills off of it. People were running from their spawn straight to our's to camp before I finally got fed up and put the sentry there. Also, sentries by the tracks kind of ruins things as it kills everyone when they go by. I dunno. It was fun, but had it's horrid moments. Overall, it's a shitty map but can be fun with a good crowd.
Spyro is pie!
Dravu

Postby Ayeaka » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:02 pm

Mhnm.

I could see if as a serious map if it was made BIGGER, perhaps with the two teams spawning at stations across the map from each other, origin symmetry. (Basically, rotate 180 degrees.)

But I don't.. consider it a serious map. I consider it an excuse for me to go scout and just flail the bat wildly while running around like a headless chicken. xD
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby Flyingbox » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:25 am

The map tastes like a beta. FFFFF REVERSE DOOR.
But yeah, a turret or two in front of your own door makes a huge difference.
A peeve i hate about the map is the train sometimes doesn't want to let you off of it---due to the clunky track pathing you might get glitched on it even though you could have sworn you just jumped off and started to run off.

A few times I caught about 3 engineers from the other team putting a sentry directly in front of the opposite spawn door. Unacceptable---good thing it was still swapping out on the level 3 upgrade and got nuked.
Flyingbox

Postby NikkyVix » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:59 pm

Just a tiiiny note for all the complaints about aesthetic/functionality issues with the map...

We did not make this. :)

If you are pining for changes to it, I suggest you take it up with the map creator. < http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/63024 >

We just host the things.
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Rants & Raves