ARGHHHH!

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Ayeaka » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:01 am

Not trying to cause drama..

Or looking for sympathy.
I just want to vent. Feel free to just ignore this.

Ok, I understand why one of my friends was temp-banned. That's fine. He shouldn't have been spamming--even if I don't think he was really bothering anyone. What I don't understand is why another player doing THE SAME THING is simply IGNORED, even though multiple people are yelling are trying to make HIM stop. ESPECIALLY when my friend's was of an innocent nature, whereas HE is spamming obscenities, and insults!
What I don't understand is why -I- get told to calm down, when I'M trying to be the mediator, or when I'm just tired of being RIDICULED just because OH HEY, I'M TRYING/PRACTICING A CLASS I'M NOT GOOD AT. Well, no SHIT. If I'm new to the class, I'm not going to be a pro. Doesn't mean you have to SCREAM AT ME when we're on the same team, and MAKE FUN OF ME, when we're not.

Yet he's completely ignored, and allowed to do this. I don't understand...?

Every time someone's done this to me, or any other player in the past, a stop was put to it.

Why is he an exception?

I never ragequit. Ever. That's something I've often prided myself in. I'll just switch to another class until I calm down--likely pyro if I feel particularly aggressive, or medic if I don't want to think, and just want to coast through playing, and I'll ride the anger out until I'm calm again.

But HE.... he's the first player I've ever found able to single-handedly make me ragequit.

I'd like to think I'm a fairly forgiving person. I mean, sure, I have a hairtrigger temper sometimes, and I'll light off on someone, but I usually apologize after, admit my mistakes, and move on. And I don't hold grudges long. Hell, I usually drop them within an HOUR or so. But he...

I can honestly say I've come to wish him nothing more than suffering. And from me, that's saying something. I've been known to sympathize with SERIAL KILLERS due to their mental health issues, and find myself unable to fully blame them.

Yet he..

God...

I'm just going to go to bed, now.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Postby NikkyVix » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:44 am

I can certainly say that, on the banning thing at least, we Admins aren't identical computers with a mathematical rubric which makes disciplinary action easy and 100% level across the board. 8 times out of 10, disciplinary action would be up to the Admin-in-question's discretion on what reasonable measures, if any, should be taken in the given situation. Comparing disciplinary circumstances between different people in disassociated points in time is a neat way to find the 'unfair' in the whole deal (especially if two different Admins are involved).

You all can PM us when you have complaints about troublesome players who are or have been on the servers, you know. Several hours ago I was called in from Steam to deal with two troublemakers throwing abusive language and mic-spamming. Send us Private Messages on this forum or in Steam if you've had an experience with a troublesome player and want us to keep an eye out for them (namely, send those PMs to Doom, DrJones and myself [NikkyVix], as the three of us chiefly cover the details of disciplinary stuff more than the others).
NikkyVix
Site Admin

Postby Purplecat » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:11 pm

And if you don't have a admin on your friends list, it's possible to contact him through the steam community functionality through groups. Remember that anyone who have a "star" in the TFP group is at least an server admin too and should be able to take care of non-technical issues. (Technical issues with the server goes to me and/or Endeavour3D)

As long I'm not busy with anything really important, I tend to check out problems as soon it's possible for me.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Ayeaka » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:04 pm

I'm..sorry about that. I was furious last night, and a bit afraid of what I might do if I did anything other than my resultant action (just going to bed and leaving things for the morning.)

And I really should have just messaged one of you...

I'll be sure to, next time it happens.
Frau Chimäre~
The doctor will see you now.
Ayeaka

Return to Rants & Raves