[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Furry Pound forums • View topic - If you don't respect class balance in TF2

If you don't respect class balance in TF2

Think something's terrific? Think something sucks? Rant and rave here. This is a definite "Keep it civil" area, folks. We will be enforcing common courtesy.

Postby Purplecat » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:17 am

I won't stay on your team. That's about it.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Echoen » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:26 am

I think first and foremost TF2 is a game, and games are meant to be fun. Anyone should be allowed to play whatever the hell they want. If that means a team of 12 snipers... then hey, more power to them.

It's a game. Play what you want. Let those who want you to conform go and play with those that allow that kind of conformity.

....that being said, playing on a team with no class balance SUCKS. I keep an eye on it and go medic, pyro, engy, or spy as needed.
Echoen

Postby Purplecat » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:57 am

If people are mutually agreed on being silly for a round or so, it's fine. But if someone decides to not help their team in the middle of the game just to be silly... well that's kinda frowned upon if done for a extended period of time.

It's just when we're having a semi-serious game and people refuse to not play their favorite class for the moment. And sure, do whatever you want but don't count with me.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Echoen » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:26 pm

Well, I'll use an example from just the other day. We had 3 snipers - Adriana, Strider, and Dravu. People started ranting 'we don't need so many snipers!' but from all three of them, it was "But sniper's the only class I know how to play!" (And we can easily enough assume from there that sniper is the class they want to play).

I'd rather have too many smart snipers than a couple more other classes that don't know what the f*** they're doing.
Echoen

Postby Dakk » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:21 am

Soooo... Note of the day. 'Play what you want and know how to. Just have fun, if your going to bitch about people playing classes they want.... Don't, simple as that' ?? :) I think it about sums it up ^^
Dakk

Postby Purplecat » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:10 am

No, learn some flexibility, and dare to play another class. I didn't touch Soldier and demoman for the longest, but I found out later that I was rather good with both of them. Dare to choose some other class than your main one.

I don't see how people can play the same class all day long anyway
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Echoen » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:18 am

Cuz it's a game and that's how they have fun.

You could ask the same thing of people who play Starcraft almost every day, or people who still play Diablo 2.
Echoen

Postby Purplecat » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:34 am

But it's Team fortress, you're supposed to do what's beneficial for your team and not "I should do whatever I like to do". If people want to do their own thing constantly, then they should consider going on a 24/7 instantspawn ctf_2fort server.

And mentioning other games don't really make much sense, as like in Starcraft if you screw around and do your own thing (such as spamming just one kind of unit), you most likely will just get owned by the opponents you play against, unless they're really bad.
Purplecat
Site Admin

Postby Makaze » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:27 pm

But in that case, who would you rather have, someone on the team, who knows the class they are good with, and their strengths and weaknesses as that class/as a player, or someone who switches in a attempt to help out, or because it was demanded of them, which may be a worse off thing?

Makaze

Postby Echoen » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:44 pm

Echoen

Next

Return to Rants & Raves